Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some gloves

Looking for some gloves

Winter is not far away. The current gloves that I use are not fitted well in the fingers and make shooting difficult. I’m looking for some others that I can wear around everyday without looking too tacticool that will still allow me to draw and fire my P30SK (EDC). I’m in the Midwest, so we have temperatures in the teens over winter, so something decently warm that still allows for dexterity would be great. I’m willing to pay for quality, especially if the gloves are made here.

Site Supporter
    The best gloves I have found are leather gloves lined with Thinsulate or something similar, most recently from L.L. Bean. They are not for a couple of hours of snow shoveling in really cold temperatures, but keep my hands reasonably warm for reasonably short periods of time while still allowing me to do most of what I need my hands to do.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

https://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Ther...57663730&psc=1

These are my go to winter shooting gloves.

At least you have a gun designed with a larger trigger guard. Unlike Glocks and M&P’s

Most of the time cold hands are somewhat do the moisture is waterproofness important?

The SKD PIG gloves are the best I’ve used. They make a non-tactical looking pair called the Executive out of leather that’s really nice. There’s also a cold weather specific pair. They’re well made, thoughtfully designed, and work well for shooting without looking Timmy when you’re out walking the dog.

https://skdtac.com/apparel/gloves/
    Last edited by Super77; 10-11-2023 at 06:36 AM.

The ones that I have now are buffalo with some sort of lining. They are warm, but I am cursed with fingers that are right between the sizes.

I’m not concerned with waterproofing for these, just keeping my bare skin covered.

The Callaway and Pig ones look good. Will check into those.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and I work on shipyard piers. During the cold, wet, windy months on the waterfront, I've found Mechanix tactical gloves work well for me about 95% of the time, keeping my hands warm. The only thing I don't like about them is they quickly absorb water if you touch something wet. But for general purpose keeping your hands warm in cold weather they're good to go.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Ther...57663730&psc=1

These are my go to winter shooting gloves.
    I finally tried some cold weather golf gloves last year both for some shooting and also general use and was pretty impressed by the blend of thin palm for dexterity insulated back side for warmth, 30ish dollar price tag and ability to try a pretty on wide variety to get the right size at the nearby golf galaxy.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Winter golf gloves. I use the ones by Footjoy. They are the only ones that give you dexterity and grip to actually do what you have to do without too much bulk. They are slightly stretchy so you aren't getting the extra material bunch that I sometimes get with Mechanix original. You may need to suppliment with handwarmers in pockets for a quick warmup depending on how cold. Excellent for golf in the cold as well.

Site Supporter
    I'll generally go for a relatively thin, sometimes insulated leather.

I keep heat packs in my pockets and peel off the gloves when my hands get chilly.

User Tag List