Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The All-things Malkoff Wiki

You're just doing your small part to restore balance to the universe.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You're just doing your small part to restore balance to the universe.

Lord I hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by CHNEAL View Post
    I think i might have a problem…
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step. I have no idea what the second step might be…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step. I have no idea what the second step might be…
    Ya I have nothin…I’ve never gotten past that step.

Quote Originally Posted by CHNEAL View Post
    @NH Shooter

mea culpa…at 0400 this morning as I was about to go for a 10 mile walk I thought to myself that I just shouldn’t be in such a rush to dismiss advice from someone as knowledgeable as you. So I pulled out a couple of well used 18650s, unboxed the about to be returned MD4 body, screwed on the grip ring and M91t head and out the door I went.
    For a bit over three hours this morning I handled it as much as possible. I carried it, stuck it in both front and back pockets to deploy it. It was 33 degrees so I took along a few pairs of gloves I tend to wear and just gave this light a good shake down…I was wrong.
    While the “ pineapple” knurling feels rather smooth in hand it did work rather well with both pairs of gloves and even with my big “ it’s too damn cold to be out here” mittens!
    This body/head combo just became my dedicated walking light. Had 3 wonderful fox sightings and a great view of the backside of a coyote 3 steps behind a rabbit doing Mach 3 across a field.

Thanks for your patient advice.

Clay

Oh, where can I find a good lanyard ring? Might as well go all in!
    Attachment 78615

Clay, nice EDC gear!

For lanyard rings I've had good luck with these - https://www.ebay.com/itm/264153578915

Also, use a light-duty mini split ring to attach the lanyard. It will serve as a break-away point should someone gain control of the light with your fingers / hand still in the lanyard. I find the 10mm size just right for this use;

https://www.amazon.com/BokWin-Stainl...F6/ref=sr_1_15

Attach the lanyard like this;

Flashlight addiction is something that can only be appreciated once the disease is acquired. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Clay, nice EDC gear!

For lanyard rings I've had good luck with these - https://www.ebay.com/itm/264153578915

Also, use a light-duty mini split ring to attach the lanyard. It will serve as a break-away point should someone gain control of the light with your fingers / hand still in the lanyard. I find the 10mm size just right for this use;

https://www.amazon.com/BokWin-Stainl...F6/ref=sr_1_15

Attach the lanyard like this;

Flashlight addiction is something that can only be appreciated once the disease is acquired. ;-)

Excellent! Thanks you for the info and kind words.

Clay

Well my Hound Dog came in today and all I can say is damn! Took it into the warehouse basement which was a parking garage years ago. 400’ long, 200’ wide 15 ‘ ceilings and with the lights out its a tomb. I was amazed at how strong this light is, also what a great spill it has for a thrower. Put it on my MD4 body and wont look back for a trail light.
    Took a family pic of my Malkoffs and when I looked at it it seemed incomplete, MD2/M61HOT inbound.
    It really is a sickness

Name:  7F5B6AEE-1AB3-47D9-B7C8-BB49BFB4A016.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  91.6 KB

Wildcat with the 21700 body…hhmmmm

Just got back from the maiden trail walk with the Hound Dog and I absolutely love this light in this application. It throws father then the longest straight section on any part of the 8 miles I walked this morning and the spill is just excellent for a dedicated thrower. The low setting is better then I could of imagined and out throws my favorite till now HDS-nlt on high.
    I have eluded to a gear addiction that had been in remission for a number of years…lets just say this thread and these fine lights have caused a flair up! About 1/2 way thru my walk this morning I decided that all of my lights need to be upgraded so I headed home on a mission which I believe and hope I have completed because I just wiped out any old reserve funds in the gear war chest.
    On order now I have:

MD2/M61HOT - replacing my HDS High Noon tube as my out and about at night light-may find its way into actual edc roll.
    MD3/M91T H/L-replacing my old Felix pd32 work light
    MD3/M91B H/L-replacing the yellow G2 converted to a McClicky that has served so very well for several years as the take the dogs out at night/ house light used by my entire family

In addition to the already acquired

MD3/M91T H/L-replacing my MDC-SHO as bed side light
    MD4/Hound Dog replacing my HDS NLT as my trail walking light.

Now of course nothing will ever replace the Peak Eiger in my pocket but these Malkoff are just the best of the best as far as this old ( formerly retired) flashlight guy is concerned.

Thanks for the inspiration and info all.

Stay Safe
    Clay
    Last edited by CHNEAL; 10-23-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Yesterday I finally got everything together for a Modlite PL350/Malkoff E2XTL Lego. Pics to follow
    Better late than never.

Name:  IMG_4513.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  49.8 KB

Love the Malkoff part of the equation but not so much the Modlite part. I don't like the lack of a momentary option. Maybe it's not that big of a deal in the real world but it's an option I'd really like to have. I may just bite the bullet and buy a U Boat for the 92 and find a DF Scout or other compatible body I can use this head on and turn it into my rifle light.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I am about to switch over three old Surefire forends to the Malkoff. I have two questions:

1. Why cant I use the Malkoff drop-ins for the 6P?

2. If I cant do the above, is there anything I can do with the old units? Maybe make them into shorter LED handhelds?

User Tag List