Thread: DeadAir Ghost - M and .22LR

DeadAir Ghost - M and .22LR

Motivated by reduced e-file times, I'm suppressor shopping and came across the Ghost - M. I am definitely looking at can for 9mm, 300BO (subs), and .22LR and was surprised that this model covered all those calibers.

I'm concerned that it would be a poor option for .22LR. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I may pick up a Mask as well, but could hold off if I found out that the Ghost - M would work acceptably (with an obvious weight penalty) for long-gun rimfire shooting.

Form4 eFile?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Motivated by reduced e-file times, I'm suppressor shopping and came across the Ghost - M. I am definitely looking at can for 9mm, 300BO (subs), and .22LR and was surprised that this model covered all those calibers.

I'm concerned that it would be a poor option for .22LR. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I may pick up a Mask as well, but could hold off if I found out that the Ghost - M would work acceptably (with an obvious weight penalty) for long-gun rimfire shooting.
    The biggest reason to get a dedicated .22LR can is cleaning/maintenance. I've only been in the NFA game a few years, but I've seen that .22LR cans get used a lot and the round counts go up quickly because it's just so damn fun and cheap to shoot a suppressed .22.

.22LR will gunk up a centerfire can in a hurry with moderate/high round counts. .22LR cans like the Mask are fantastic because they can be easily cleaned, and can be run guilt-free with the cheapest jacketed .22 available.

IMHO, the first suppressor anyone buys should be a dedicated .22LR can. Everything else should come after that.

I promise whatever .22 wears that suppressor will come on every single range trip.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    Form4 eFile?
    Yes. I understand a recent Form4 eFile went through in about 12 weeks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Yes. I understand a recent Form4 eFile went through in about 12 weeks.
    BATFE does not currently offer efile for form 4s.

Perhaps you confused Silencer Shop’s kiosk processing for efile.

The quick turnaround is likely because you filed as an individual rather than a trust.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    BATFE does not currently offer efile for form 4s.

Perhaps you confused Silencer Shop’s kiosk processing for efile.

The quick turnaround is likely because you filed as an individual rather than a trust.
    You are correct, I misspoke. The Form4’s (two completely separate ones) were mailed, however they did both come back within 2.5 months.

Use coupon code BF19 for silencer Black Friday discounts. I don’t recommend the ghost for rimfire for the reasons mentioned above. The Dead Air Mask is a great rimfire can.

User Tag List