Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Viable 10 round magazine options for compact and duty sized 9mm pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I can’t think of many magazines at all that don’t have removeable floor pates. So if that’s the language of the bill, any magazine for any firearm that has a removable floor plate will be a no-go which covers A LOT of guns.
    That list would be small. Old school single stack magazines with welded bottoms should be good, I’d imagine. Perhaps the HK style magazine would qualify, since its not a base plate per say, and would be difficult to extend for capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    That list would be small. Old school single stack magazines with welded bottoms should be good, I’d imagine. Perhaps the HK style magazine would qualify, since its not a base plate per say, and would be difficult to extend for capacity.
    Would it be a small list? Most in-production pistols today come with magazines that have removable base plates. Given that it’s not THAT hard to slap on a longer base plate and longer spring to increase capacity, that strikes me as a considerably long list of guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    The problem with VA is that the current bills read as if they ban a gun because it has the *capability* to accept a higher cap magazine. Ergo, a G19 is verboten, as is a G26, but a G48 is ok.

Chris
    Yeah but a G26 has the capability to accept 17/19 mags so it would be banned and would the G48 since it is capable of taking higher cap mags such as the new 15 round shield mag.

Site Supporter
    Would it be a small list? Most in-production pistols today come with magazines that have removable base plates. Given that it’s not THAT hard to slap on a longer base plate and longer spring to increase capacity, that strikes me as a considerably long list of guns.
    As they say “it’s a feature, not a bug.”

G26 mags work well. I'd probably just grip chop a glock. Of course I've never seen an hk magazine not work so I'm sure that would be a good option too.

10-rounders that work:

HK
    Smith and Wesson
    Beretta
    CZ (75-series at least)

10-rounders that are questionable:

Glock
    Any 10-rounder for a .45 ACP 1911

been stuck in MA for past decade so have plenty of experience with 10 rd mags
    similar to others, across the board I have not had issues with the exception of glock mags
    it's well known the problem is the 10 rd follower
    switch to a 9mm3 follower (or some other 9mm followers) and problem solved
    9mm M&P 10 rd mags are very difficult to load. 10th round requires an up-lula. cannot do by hand. I cut a coil off the spring and it fixed the issue.
    other than the glock or M&P I haven't had problems at all

anything mec-gar has run great. zero issues.
    beretta 92 10 rd mags are setup like a 1.5 stack which I think is a good design for a 10 rd mag. work great.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    10-rounders that work:

HK
    Smith and Wesson
    Beretta
    CZ (75-series at least)

10-rounders that are questionable:

Glock
    Any 10-rounder for a .45 ACP 1911
    Just a PSA- 1911 10 rounders will work if you throw Tripp super 9 follower / spring kits in them.

Site Supporter
    The then federal 10 round limit was one reason I bought a 1911 when I decided I needed a full size pistol. 8+1 rounds of .45 in a slim pistol with an easy to use trigger seemed hard to beat - and still does to me when facing such stupid limitations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I think we’re saying the same thing here. I’m saying the list of mags that would meet the requirement would be small.

User Tag List