Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Viable 10 round magazine options for compact and duty sized 9mm pistols?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MEH View Post
    Chris, I'm not seeing that. What lines infer this?
    I can't seem to find the text that made me think a G19 would be verboten. There was text, that appears to have been removed from the latest version, that makes any magazine with a removable floorplate verboten because it could be increased in capacity. This would definitely impact G26mags as there are "upgrade" kits for them and G19 mags to take them up to 20+ rounds.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I can't seem to find the text that made me think a G19 would be verboten. There was text, that appears to have been removed from the latest version, that makes any magazine with a removable floorplate verboten because it could be increased in capacity. This would definitely impact G26mags as there are "upgrade" kits for them and G19 mags to take them up to 20+ rounds.

Chris
    I can’t think of many magazines at all that don’t have removeable floor pates. So if that’s the language of the bill, any magazine for any firearm that has a removable floor plate will be a no-go which covers A LOT of guns.

Hope y’all like revolvers in VA.

Well, and not just the G26. I wondered about the G43X and 48 since Shield Arms is allegedly making 15 rounders available. Understanding that whatever the final wording is (assuming it happens) will be applied/interpreted in the most egregious way possible - banning guns that are *capable* of holding more than a 10 round mag is going to cut a pretty wide swath. Banning mags that will hold more than 10 rounds? Different story. I guess we shall see.

As always, the devil is in the details, kids...
    Last edited by Tensaw; 11-21-2019 at 06:44 AM.

I have 1100 rounds evenly split between two 10 round Pmag G19 mags with various brass cased ammo including Hornady Critical Duty 135gr and 124gr and various training rounds (115gr Syntech, 115gr PMC Erange, 124 and 147 gr speer lawman TMJ, 90gr Winchester super clean). No issues.

H&K hands down has the most reliable 10 round mags I've ever seen or used. USP, USPc, P2000, P30 and VP9. All the 10 round mags run perfectly and reliably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    H&K hands down has the most reliable 10 round mags I've ever seen or used. USP, USPc, P2000, P30 and VP9. All the 10 round mags run perfectly and reliably.
    This has been my experience as well. I had some as training mags for a USPc and P2K with zero issues.

If I were to find myself capacity limited and could not move, I would consider pistols designed to operate on 10 round mags (P30SK, VP9SK, G43/48x) or lower capacity calibers such as .45.
    Polite Professional

I have some ban years era 10 rounders for Glock 19's and 17's. I haven't had any problems with them, but I only use them for range mags. Others haven't had as good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Same here. I had lots of issues with a G19.4 with 10 round mags, sold it for a P30. Not a single issue. I wish the glock mags were reliable.

My 10 round PMAGs never gave me an issue. Couldn’t say the same for my 10 round Glock mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Standard Glock mags can be limited. Short explanation is, make an internal floorplate and rivet it to the mag body with flush/countersunk pop rivets, so that the internal length is the same as a G26. The spring, follower and rounds then just think they're in a G26 mag. A little bit of fab work, but easy for people who can do it.

If you escape or the law gets changed, you can drill them out. But the fact that you have to cut metal to increase the capacity makes the solution GTG in most places with restrictions. I haven't read the proposed VA law in full.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List