Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viable 10 round magazine options for compact and duty sized 9mm pistols?

Viable 10 round magazine options for compact and duty sized 9mm pistols?

Which high capacity 9mm pistols have a reliable 10 round magazine available? Do the Magpul 10 rnd glock mags work? Beretta 92? HK? CZ p07? Etc.

I’ve never considered this before but as a Virginia resident who may not be able to move before the iron curtain descends I have a new interest. It’s time to consider which items in my collection will still be viable.

Thanks in advance

Site Supporter
    For the Beretta 92 series, I had ban-era 10-round mags from both Beretta and Mec-Gar and they were 100%,

ETA: I like the D-Day shout-out in the clip above.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 11-20-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Seems all the molons have been labe’d

I'm in a ban state. Other than Glock, most are good to go. Two caveats:

1. Sig P228 that's boringly reliable with dedicated P228 10-rounders, won't feed from 10-rounders for a P226. No big deal.

2. M&P: Reliable but seem to be operating under tremendous spring pressure. You need to be aggressive to get fully loaded mags seated. I also had the spring in a mag for a 2.0 Compact bind and collapse while being loaded. Reassembled and it's run fine since then but I haven't been carrying it. I think S&W crams springs for the 15-round and 17-round magazines into the blocked 10-round mags.

Site Supporter
    I started carrying daily when the national 1994 10 round limit was in place. My choice then, which remains one of my most carried guns even without that limit, is a Glock 26. I more recently acquired a Sig P365, and can recommend either without hesitation.

While this may not help for the larger guns you already own, you do have some really solid 10 round options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I started carrying daily when the national 1994 10 round limit was in place. My choice then, which remains one of my most carried guns even without that limit, is a Glock 26. I more recently acquired a Sig P365, and can recommend either without hesitation.

While this may not help for the larger guns you already own, you do have some really solid 10 round options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I have multiples of both. hopefully there are good mags for the larger guns as well.

I’ve had 0 issues with my sample of 2 Magpul 10-round magazines in my G19.4s. I probably have somewhere north of two cases through them collectively at this point. Seems to feed both FMJ and JHP fine. I haven’t run steel cased stuff through them, but I generally avoid that stuff like the plague.

Site Supporter
    I've put 350 rounds through my APX Centurion using two 10 round mags without any problems. Granted that's not much data, but so far so good.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    The problem with VA is that the current bills read as if they ban a gun because it has the *capability* to accept a higher cap magazine. Ergo, a G19 is verboten, as is a G26, but a G48 is ok.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    The problem with VA is that the current bills read as if they ban a gun because it has the *capability* to accept a higher cap magazine. Ergo, a G19 is verboten, as is a G26, but a G48 is ok.

Chris
    Chris, I'm not seeing that. What lines infer this?
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

User Tag List