Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Viable 10 round magazine options for compact and duty sized 9mm pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I think we’re saying the same thing here. I’m saying the list of mags that would meet the requirement would be small.
    Ah, got it. Tracking now.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yeah but a G26 has the capability to accept 17/19 mags so it would be banned and would the G48 since it is capable of taking higher cap mags such as the new 15 round shield mag.
    And ETS already has 43X/48 mags that hold a scary 19 rounds. I’m sure the Virginia Dumbocrats have nightmares about them.

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-19-round...glk-43x-19.htm

I’d have nightmares about them too.......malfunction nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    I’d have nightmares about them too.......malfunction nightmares.
    I don’t have. 48 or 43x but my ETS mags (17rd, 22rd, 31rd, 40rd, and 10mm 20rd, 30rd, and G43 9 and 12rd) have all worked great - no issues and I don’t baby them.

Just a PSA- 1911 10 rounders will work if you throw Tripp super 9 follower / spring kits in them.
    True story right here folks ^^^^

If you need uber reliable 1911 mags from the 8 and 10 round tubes you have Tripp Super 7 and Super 9 kits are a good solution.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-23-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    Yeah but a G26 has the capability to accept 17/19 mags so it would be banned and would the G48 since it is capable of taking higher cap mags such as the new 15 round shield mag.
    That's what's insidious about that language. As far as I can tell, it has been removed and the language is now just >10rnds, but if it comes back, it could result in most decent-sized semis being no-go.

Chris

As has been documented in multiple previous threads, the only double stack 9 mm Glock mags that were found to be nearly 100% reliable in LE testing using duty 147 gr JHP were OEM G26 mags; all the neutered low-capacity 10 rd Glock mags for G19/G17/G34, irrespective of what follower was installed, ALL had DECREASED reliability compared to standard capacity OEM G19/G17 mags. Again this was proven without question in multiple tests using numerous magazines in many different pistols firing duty ammo.

In addition, non-OEM Glock standard capacity G19/G17 mags proved less reliable than OEM standard capacity Glock mags.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Not sure if it’s relevant:

During the ban from 94-04, I recall a lot of people running 10 round .40 mags in 9mm beretta 92’s...
    holding 14 rounds of 9mm. Was an interesting take on following the rules while simultaneously pushing boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Not sure if it’s relevant:

During the ban from 94-04, I recall a lot of people running 10 round .40 mags in 9mm beretta 92’s...
    holding 14 rounds of 9mm. Was an interesting take on following the rules while simultaneously pushing boundaries.
    Huh. I’ve fired 9mm through a .357 Sig mag at the range without issue but I’d never carry it. The rounds sit so loose you can actually drop them out with a flick of your wrist.

P2000SK factory 10rd, would take + floor plates, also 15rd P30 mags.
    P2000 neutered 10rd would not accept + floor plates. Pistol would accept standard cap 13rd, and P30 15rd.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List