Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Viable 10 round magazine options for compact and duty sized 9mm pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    As has been documented in multiple previous threads, the only double stack 9 mm Glock mags that were found to be nearly 100% reliable in LE testing using duty 147 gr JHP were OEM G26 mags; all the neutered low-capacity 10 rd Glock mags for G19/G17/G34, irrespective of what follower was installed, ALL had DECREASED reliability compared to standard capacity OEM G19/G17 mags. Again this was proven without question in multiple tests using numerous magazines in many different pistols firing duty ammo.

In addition, non-OEM Glock standard capacity G19/G17 mags proved less reliable than OEM standard capacity Glock mags.
    Were the non-OEM Glock standard capacity magazines at least more reliable than the neutered 10-round magazines or about the same? Were any of the non-OEM mags tested Magpul mags?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Not sure if it’s relevant:

During the ban from 94-04, I recall a lot of people running 10 round .40 mags in 9mm beretta 92’s...
    holding 14 rounds of 9mm. Was an interesting take on following the rules while simultaneously pushing boundaries.
    I accidentally bought an 11 round Beretta 96 magazine in a stack of used M9/92 magazines. I didn’t notice until that magazine had at least 200 rounds through it. It holds 15 rounds of 9mm, the feed lips are very slightly wider than its sisters, and it lives in my range bag and has never been involved in a malfunction. Has at least 500 rounds through it since I dedicated it as a range mag.

I have experience with the 10-round USP Full-size 9mm mags. Their performance relative to 10-round Glock mags played a significant role in deciding on the H&K vice the Glock was back in 2000. I’ve read and heard that Magpul 10-rounders with brass case ammo are in second place behind the factory standard capacity mags. As a Virginia resident, I hope I don’t have to find out.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Are CZ P10C 10 round mags reliable? And I guess the P10C in general? I know they came out with a 2nd generation not too long ago, it seems like these would be a good alternative to Glock considering Glock doesn’t care about 10 round magazine reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    Are CZ P10C 10 round mags reliable? And I guess the P10C in general? I know they came out with a 2nd generation not too long ago, it seems like these would be a good alternative to Glock considering Glock doesn’t care about 10 round magazine reliability.
    I don’t have any direct experience, so hopefully someone can chime in, but reports that I’m hearing about the pistols themselves is extremely favorable. As for the OEM 10-rounders, it’s a similar capacity limiting design that a lot of other manufacturers use, so I’d be surprised if they weren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Were the non-OEM Glock standard capacity magazines at least more reliable than the neutered 10-round magazines or about the same? Were any of the non-OEM mags tested Magpul mags?
    Did a search to bump this thread.

Any further thoughts on this question?

I’m thinking about ordering a Magpul 10 round G17 mag or two for evaluation, just curious if anyone had any recent experience.

Prior to dipping my toes into the 1911 waters I was exclusively a Sig P-Series shooter.

I had a little over 10k through a P226 MK25 and a P228R mostly through the former with 10 rounders and no mag issues to speak of. They were a bit stiff getting the tenth round in but that would be my only gripe outside of the obvious.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

I’m thinking about ordering a Magpul 10 round G17 mag or two for evaluation, just curious if anyone had any recent experience.
    For what its worth, my G19.5 has had one FTF over a few thousand rounds and it was with a 10rd PMAG.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

I've had about a dozen of the 10 round G19 magazines over the years since they came out. I haven't had any issues with them. I've ran a variety of the premium self defense JHPs with them (Federal HST, Gold Dot, etc.) and plenty of brass cased FMJ. I have heard of people running into issues with aluminum and steel case ammo though. Also, they are perhaps the worse magazines to disassemble, you need like 3 hands to get them apart.

User Tag List