Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: P320 Paying lawyers must be cheaper than a recall

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I think the biggest thing that bothers me about the army buying the 320 is that my daughter might get one on a deployment. I already told her if they give her a choice take the M4. The other bothersome part is police departments that buy the 320 because it’s cheap are not the agencies that provide a lot of training. They will do only the bare minimum of training required by law. If you have poor training you need all the help you can get.
    Agency prices on the Glock and the 320 are comparable. Most Agencies around here going SIG are doing so because they previously issued classic SIGs and/or they have a chief or range master who hates Glocks.

Speaking of minimal training there are a couple agencies near me whose only training is one day per year during which they shoot the state minimum 50 round qual course twice. A whole 100 rounds per year. Both use Glock 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I think the biggest thing that bothers me about the army buying the 320 is that my daughter might get one on a deployment. I already told her if they give her a choice take the M4. The other bothersome part is police departments that buy the 320 because it’s cheap are not the agencies that provide a lot of training. They will do only the bare minimum of training required by law. If you have poor training you need all the help you can get.

Has the group think and misinformation really gone this far?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Has the group think and misinformation really gone this far?
    Apparently.

It is also apparent that many people don’t understand just how low the cost is on Glock’s and other striker fired polymer guns. I’ve heard various figures running from $40-$75. Either way it cost less than 100 to make almost all of these. SIG was willing to either break even or past make minimal profit compared to their competitors in order to secure the US military contract. In the long run it is likely a very smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Apparently.

It is also apparent that many people don’t understand just how low the cost is on Glock’s and other striker fired polymer guns. I’ve heard various figures running from $40-$75. Either way it cost less than 100 to make almost all of these. SIG was willing to either break even or past make minimal profit compared to their competitors in order to secure the US military contract. In the long run it is likely a very smart move.
    Story I heard was SIG sold the M17 for $.75 over cost.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just to weigh in on the above comments.

Having had worked/working on military contracts; yes that is a common practice. Aftermarket support of unit sales is where the money is made.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Possible. But they will make it up on the collateral sales from being the US service pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Possible. But they will make it up on the collateral sales from being the US service pistol.
    Oh, yeah. If true it wasn't a stupid move on SIG's part.

Man I really like that p365 xL but can't bring myself to buy one after the turds I had from sig. Only sig I'd buy again at this point is another sp2022. I already guessed that for shot show the legion p365 is coming. Sig really likes pumping out new models instead of perfecting what they already have.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    When the issue of the Sig P320 comes up in this forum, I remember a thread with the late Todd Green. He mentioned when he worked at Sig he was in a meeting whereas the leadership discussed with Todd's team about whether or not to make the Sig P250 a hammer fired gun or striker fired gun. If I remember correctly, this meeting took place around the early 2000's and we know how that decision ended. The P250 was touted as this great modular system but it was hammer fired. A nice long but smooth 6.5 pound trigger pull.
    I like the P250. If the P365 had a P250 action, I'd have two.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Around $200 per pistol. I've read $180 and $207 per unit.

That can't be much of a pistol at that price but at least it's cheap to shoot.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List