Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 Paying lawyers must be cheaper than a recall

Vending Machine Operator
    I'm one of the biggest anti-current-Sig folks on the forum, but in all fairness didn't that Florida turn out to be a negligent discharge that was lied about, and the officer got terminated?

As much as I hate what Sig is choosing to be these days, I equally hate if people are being "the most qualified in the room" and then blaming the gun when it goes wrong.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Something about him releasing it from the holster and reseating it, basically practicing defeating the retention devices. Not sure how that would cause it to go off though. Still seems like an issue with the gun.

**edit** I think the "lie" was that he didn't touch it, but I practice defeating my retention device a lot and have never had any other gun just "go off" in the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I'm one of the biggest anti-current-Sig folks on the forum, but in all fairness didn't that Florida turn out to be a negligent discharge that was lied about, and the officer got terminated?

As much as I hate what Sig is choosing to be these days, I equally hate if people are being "the most qualified in the room" and then blaming the gun when it goes wrong.
    Last edited by rathos; 11-20-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Something about him releasing it from the holster and reseating it, basically practicing defeating the retention devices. Not sure how that would cause it to go off though. Still seems like an issue with the gun.
    We practice this at home with unloaded guns. We practice this at the range with loaded and unloaded guns.

We do not practice this at all at the school we are supposed to be the SRO of.

Site Supporter
    To each their own. It should not go off but defeating the retention and slightly lifting it. If it does, the gun is defective.

You must also not be a cop, as I cannot count on one hand the number of briefings I have been in where the sound of the ALS clicking back into the locked position sounds like a symphony.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    We practice this at home with unloaded guns. We practice this at the range with loaded and unloaded guns.

We do not practice this at all at the school we are supposed to be the SRO of.
    Last edited by rathos; 11-20-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Site Supporter
    To each their own. It should not go off but defeating the retention and slightly lifting it. If it does, the gun is defective.

You must also not be a cop, as I cannot count on one hand the number of briefings I have been in where the sound of the ALS clicking back into the locked position sounds like a symphony.
    K.

Nope, not a cop. Don’t care. Go on and play with your holster and gun in your briefing room if your leadership is cool with that.

On my school campus? Not one of the cops from 3+ agencies I’ve worked with on a school campus has ever f’d around with his or her holstered pistol in the lunch room in front of the students, or in fact at all in front of me. Ever.

There are good reasons for that, and IMHO it’s not a question of “to each their own”.

I agree, that guy’s gun should still not have gone off. He should also not have been f’ing with it.

Site Supporter
    Ahh, now I get it. Worked with on campus... Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    K.

Nope, not a cop. Don’t care. Go on and play with your holster and gun in your briefing room if your leadership is cool with that.

On my school campus? Not one of the cops from 3+ agencies I’ve worked with on a school campus has ever f’d around with his or her holstered pistol in the lunch room in front of the students, or in fact at all in front of me. Ever.

There are good reasons for that, and IMHO it’s not a question of “to each their own”.

I agree, that guy’s gun should still not have gone off. He should also not have been f’ing with it.

Site Supporter
    Ahh, now I get it. Worked with on campus... Carry on.
    Apparently not.

Site Supporter
    But the Army said it’s good. It’s just a low bid thing; I didn’t know Cohen was having them made by the school for the blind.

Site Supporter

Just because that’s what you do you can’t presume that’s what the FL SRO did. Unless you were there or saw relevant video, which AFAIK has not been released you don’t know what the FL SRO did or didn’t do.

Plenty of cops do stupid shit.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-21-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Site Supporter
    I wasn't assuming anything, I was going by what was said in the last article update. They said he lifted it up in the holster. I haven't seen the video, but that is what was listed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just because that’s what you do you can’t presume that’s what the FL SRO did. Unless you were there or saw relevant video, which AFAIK has not been released you don’t know what the FL SRO did or didn’t do.

Plenty of cops do stupid shit.

User Tag List