Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 Paying lawyers must be cheaper than a recall

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Plenty of cops do stupid shit.
    Like apparently finger fucking their ALS guns/holsters during briefings (I've never heard this "clicking symphony").

When the SLS hoods first appeared, guys would rest their forearms on the hood and they'd wind up rotating downward...we'd periodically give each other a visual check on calls ("Your hood's down...").

But to play with the ALS, you have to physically grip the weapon and break retention...who thinks this is a good idea??

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    At this point it's just comical, but lets all pile on for another round. What do we want? Cohen's head on a spike. When do we want it? NOW!

Well maybe that's what you want, but what I want is a rainbow colored M17 because real operators operate in multi-colors! Can you imagine how impressed/unnerved by, and envious of, rainbow- colored pistols Jihadi John is going to be? This could be huge! And Cohen knows just how to market it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I wasn't assuming anything, I was going by what was said in the last article update. They said he lifted it up in the holster. I haven't seen the video, but that is what was listed.
    How many times have you read a news article about an event you witnessed or participated in and got so much wrong you wondered if they are talking about the same event ?

I have experienced this enough to take most news articles with the proverbial grain of salt.

I'm one to allow the legal process to play out, adherence to due process is important. That said, I chose to not give Sig Sauer my money as that will be the only way in which they will learn. However, they have the military contracts now and they might not actually care about the civilian consumer market.

Not to mention the LE market share they’ve clawed back from glock in just 5 years, prior to the P320 glock enjoyed between 65 and 70 percent of the market across fed state and local agencies, pretty close to a monopoly.

When the issue of the Sig P320 comes up in this forum, I remember a thread with the late Todd Green. He mentioned when he worked at Sig he was in a meeting whereas the leadership discussed with Todd's team about whether or not to make the Sig P250 a hammer fired gun or striker fired gun. If I remember correctly, this meeting took place around the early 2000's and we know how that decision ended. The P250 was touted as this great modular system but it was hammer fired. A nice long but smooth 6.5 pound trigger pull.

Fast forward to today and we can clearly see the leadership at Sig is terribly lacking. Sig cares about money and military contracts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    When the issue of the Sig P320 comes up in this forum, I remember a thread with the late Todd Green. He mentioned when he worked at Sig he was in a meeting whereas the leadership discussed with Todd's team about whether or not to make the Sig P250 a hammer fired gun or striker fired gun. If I remember correctly, this meeting took place around the early 2000's and we know how that decision ended. The P250 was touted as this great modular system but it was hammer fired. A nice long but smooth 6.5 pound trigger pull.

Fast forward to today and we can clearly see the leadership at Sig is terribly lacking. Sig cares about money and military contracts.
    Yeah, but in that thread Todd admitted he was wrong in pushing the P250 be hammer fired based on the market.

New guns, like new/1st generation anything tend to have issues. The fact that the P320 had drop safe issues is not the problem. The problem was how Sig handled those issues.

Sig was not only aware of the issues for nearly a year but had engineered a solution. Instead of issuing an immediate recall and switching all production to the new Safer design, design Sig kept quiet about it for months while they pumped out defective guns to the public and supplied the the improved version to GOV customers.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The problem was how Sig handled those issues.

Sig was not only aware of the issues for nearly a year but had engineered a solution. Instead of issuing an immediate recall and switching all production to the new Safer design, design Sig kept quiet about it for months while they pumped out defective guns to the public and supplied the the improved version to GOV customers.
    Or not, on the last part of that sentence. Plenty of non-upgraded pistols were shipped to GOV and IOP customers before the Omaha Outdoors video forced Sig's hand...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Or not, on the last part of that sentence. Plenty of non-upgraded pistols were shipped to GOV and IOP customers before the Omaha Outdoors video forced Sig's hand...
    They made sure to get the upgraded guns into GOV testing for contracts though.

And it was not really the Omaha outdoors video that forced their hand. It was the lawsuit filed by the Connecticut SWAT cop shot in the leg by his holstered P320 when it was dropped.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-22-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Site Supporter
    I think the biggest thing that bothers me about the army buying the 320 is that my daughter might get one on a deployment. I already told her if they give her a choice take the M4. The other bothersome part is police departments that buy the 320 because it’s cheap are not the agencies that provide a lot of training. They will do only the bare minimum of training required by law. If you have poor training you need all the help you can get.

User Tag List