Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: More trade-in Model 10's

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Please tell us where you’re finding those $300-$500 Colt DAs.

DWs are fine guns but the double action triggers can’t hold a candle to an S&W.

BTW, all the other guns you mention there were “mass-produced.”
    I'm not seeing them at that price point in actual gunshops, and most online dealers tend to be more in the $350 range.

Now, one can find something under, but as time goes on, the days of the $250 K Frame will vanish away, like the storied days of the $25 M-1 Carbine.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Hmmmn, I just checked and days after your post AIM still has them in stock at the NSRP (Nightvisionary Suggested Retail Price) of $250.
    They were sold out of these https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rrel-Model-10s! at the time of my post, and they sold out of those very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Please tell us where you’re finding those $300-$500 Colt DAs.

DWs are fine guns but the double action triggers can’t hold a candle to an S&W.

BTW, all the other guns you mention there were “mass-produced.”
    You have to do your own homework. I have obtained those locally and online. As one who carried and qualified with Smith and Wesson revolvers for years I can tell you Monson produced Dan Wessons have much better triggers than any S&W outside of the custom shop. It sounds like you have never touched a Dan Wesson outside of a gunshop or are comparing the more recent Dan Wesson guns which is not the subject of any of my comments. If you don't understand the difference between 15,000 total hand fitted, tuned, and polished Colt 357's (aka Pre-Pythons) vs 7,000,000 mass produced Model 10 Military and police I cannot help you.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 11-27-2019 at 02:23 PM.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I never knew that Belk ever sold firearms. The one in Mount Airy never did in my ‘60s childhood.
    The old Harris Hardware store on South Main Street had an upright glass display case full of cheap small caliber revolvers and .25 auto pistols for about $25 to $30 each.This was before GCA ‘68, legal CC in NC, and NC having a pistol purchase permit law that is still on the books left over from the Jim Crow era.
    Despite this, I knew several men who carried.
    At the country grocery store and off premises beer joint across from my childhood home on Rt 103, there was always a few regulars who hung out daily. One older gentleman always wore a jacket and ended up showing we boys his .22 revolver and .25 auto he kept in the pockets.
    After moving to town in the ‘70s, one of my neighbors was a cab driver and one day showed me the 2” M&P .38 he carried in his Dickies work pants pocket. It had the copper coated Lubaloy LRN rounds.
    The boss at my after school job carried a .25 in his pocket.
    A HS classmate carried a .25 at the same job cleaning the parking lot at night. After he graduated and left, I got the lot cleaning slot. Having no pistol, I kept a 16 gauge H&R single barrel in my car. Good times.
    Remember Robby's on main? Used to sell guns. And there was a place in Mayberry Mall, Sportsmans Paradise I think, that had an awesome selection. I still have my Grandfather's Astra Cub .25 he bought from there. Still have the receipt somewhere, but STUPIDLY tossed the box several years ago.

Site Supporter
    I found a S&W K32 32SWL for $550 once. Does that mean everyone paying 4 figures for the same gun are overpaying?

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Remember Robby's on main? Used to sell guns. And there was a place in Mayberry Mall, Sportsmans Paradise I think, that had an awesome selection. I still have my Grandfather's Astra Cub .25 he bought from there. Still have the receipt somewhere, but STUPIDLY tossed the box several years ago.
    Robby’s is still there, I think.
    The place in Mayberry Mall was Sportsman’s Lodge.
    Yes, they did have an awesome selection.
    I remember the cased Colt 1911 European Theater and Pacific Theater commemoratives.
    He had one of each.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 11-27-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I found a S&W K32 32SWL for $550 once. Does that mean everyone paying 4 figures for the same gun are overpaying?

Chris
    Hell, I scored a S&W 1917 .45 for $450 once. Nicely refinished & mechanically sound.
    I ain't seen anything like it since.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

CWM11B
    Lodge, that's it. Loved that store as s kid. Robbys us there, nothing like it used to be. My grandparents lived next door to the owner. I loved that place as a kid

Ordered one of the Aim Surplus Black Friday advertised shooter grades for $249.

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Ordered one of the Aim Surplus Black Friday advertised shooter grades for $249.
    Good deal. That's a fair true market price. This weekend I passed on a 1912 manufactured Colt Army 38 special. All original, 95% or better finish, excellent original rubber grips, passed my inspection but at $499 it wasn't screaming "Take me home".

User Tag List