Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More trade-in Model 10's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I've heard of the $50 Mosin, but have never ever ever seen one.
    Must have been before my time.
    The Roses store in Ashland, VA had a rain barrel full of Mosins for $39.95 each about thirty years ago. Finnish too, I think.
    Still didn’t buy one (or two)😞...

My best 'steal' was a Beretta 92 D Centurion for $300. I've still never seen anything like it for a similar price.

I did once snag a Baby Browning for $120, but that was fairly pitted from pocket carry.

The next trend for inexpensive semi-autos will probably be older generation Beretta 92, as people dump their older models for LTT's, X, and A3's.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    To 11 I got my 4" Smith and Wesson model 586 for a $125 because the adjustable rear sights was broken.
    Parts and labor to fix it was $40 to 50.

This was a one time fortuitous find and it was 30 years ago during the low point in revolver prices.

None of that has anything to do with the current market price of pre-lock 586s.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    To 11 I got my 4" Smith and Wesson model 586 for a $125 because the adjustable rear sights was broken.
    Parts and labor to fix it was $40 to 50.

This was a one time fortuitous find and it was 30 years ago during the low point in revolver prices.

None of that has anything to do with the current market price of pre-lock 586s.
    Ah I see AIM must be listening. Shooter grade Model 10 HB's for $250, exactly what I said they were worth. Funny how that happens but there are still flat earthers out there so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Ah I see AIM must be listening. Shooter grade Model 10 HB's for $250, exactly what I said they were worth. Funny how that happens but there are still flat earthers out there so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
    AIM typically prices their used guns enough below market to sell quickly. The fact their 'X grade' Model 10's only lasted a matter of hours would indicate their price was well below market.

Im surprised the $250 m64s from adventure outpost lasted as long as they did. Ive made out on some killer deals in the last year and a half.
    M19-3 $350
    M64 $380(standard barrel)
    M64-5 $250

A couple other ones i picked up were fair but not memorable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I've heard of the $50 Mosin, but have never ever ever seen one.
    Must have been before my time.
    I've not seen one in the flesh, but I remember when they were selling for that price. I had a C&R license and still didn't think they were worth the time to place an order.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    The Roses store in Ashland, VA had a rain barrel full of Mosins for $39.95 each about thirty years ago. Finnish too, I think.
    Still didn’t buy one (or two)😞...
    I never though Roses would outlast K-Mart, but they just might. There are a few in semi-rural NC...

Chris

Site Supporter
    I need a shooter grade model 13 like AIM's model 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    AIM typically prices their used guns enough below market to sell quickly. The fact their 'X grade' Model 10's only lasted a matter of hours would indicate their price was well below market.
    Hey Im all for you guys having the freedom to pay too much for guns. That way come tax time my local dealer can buy them up at 50 cents on the dollar then I can get them for $199 like I did with my S&W Model 37 Airweight.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 11-24-2019 at 07:31 PM.

User Tag List