Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat ACP

Quote Originally Posted by BobRockefeller View Post
    See Dan Wesson. Their DWX is essentially a 1911 upper, 1911 trigger, and CZ grip for CZ mags.
    I shall purchase. In about a year when I can finally locate one like I am with the 92x perf.
    Last edited by Obelisk; 11-19-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    The Wilson ACP -- not to be confused with the Wilson ADP!

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Gotta say it’s damn ugly. It’s blued, but for similar cash you can do an Alchemy Prime.
    I should give that Eagle Claw treatment a chance I suppose and keep an open mind. Maybe it will deliver the goods in actual handling.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Yep, they just added it to the website— $2495 for .45, and $100 more for 9mm.
    It's hard to argue about a $2,500 Wilson Combat! I don't have a place for one (although I'd like to handle that grip texture), but if I were looking for a "better" 1911, this one would have my attention.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

Site Supporter
    Imagine how inexpensive it might be if they left the front strap plain, and gave it regular slide serrations. A basic "Kimber Classic Custom" version of a Wilson. Upgrade the sights, manual safety, grip safety, hammer, and give it a good mag-well bevel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    Dear Wilson Combat, please make a Glock lower with 1911 trigger and grip angle.

Thank you.
    They sort of did with the KZ-45. I had both the Government length and the Commander length. Both were stone cold reliable for me.

And I don't see anything wrong with the way the ACP looks but then I carried 1911s until I retired from the sheriff's department and for over 10 years afterward. All the striker fired guns look like toys to me...but I'm an old geezer. (smile)

Dave

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by BobRockefeller View Post
    It's hard to argue about a $2,500 Wilson Combat! I don't have a place for one (although I'd like to handle that grip texture), but if I were looking for a "better" 1911, this one would have my attention.
    The market is flush with barely-used $2,500 Wilson Combats much nicer than this.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I don’t mind the looks. I appreciate the utilitarian intent. But for a guy with rent, a car payment, a girlfriend and a life... $2500 doesn’t really change a whole lot vs. $3500. I’d still be financing the thing. Or, much more likely... not buying one.

Site Supporter
    IMHO, the magic number to get a Wilson 5 inch, all steel 1911 in .45 and/or 9mm into the hands of new folks is 1899.00 delivered with night sights and 3 Wilson mags.

Unless or until, I tend to concur that 2500 is a bridge too far for 1st timers, even with the financing. I would note that Wilson's last go at this- the Wilson 1996, was 1500 ish in 1996. I understand that it would be 2400 ish today factoring for inflation. I get that I am asking for as good a pistol as the 1996 for less.

FWIW

DB

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Gotta say it’s damn ugly. It’s blued, but for similar cash you can do an Alchemy Prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Alchemy FTW.
    Damn you guys.

I just spent 45 minutes on Alchemy's website building different models.

User Tag List