Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat ACP

I guess now that there are XTAC Supergrades, Wilson felt the need to introduce another entry level pistol to their lineup? I'm really not sure why you would choose a base XTAC over the ACP...the ACP strangely comes with a flush cut barrel and Armor Tuff finish for nearly $300 less than the parkerized XTAC.

I'd rather see Wilson offer a true entry level pistol with a plain front strap, offered in any color you want so long as it is black, and get the price to $1999.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The Anomaly does look pretty sweet. And it's setup in a way that would work with my Cherries Deep Concealment quite well.
    Their tech told today the reason for the bobbed treatment of the Anomaly was for styling. Harkening back to the original 1911
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I guess now that there are XTAC Supergrades, Wilson felt the need to introduce another entry level pistol to their lineup? I'm really not sure why you would choose a base XTAC over the ACP...the ACP strangely comes with a flush cut barrel and Armor Tuff finish for nearly $300 less than the parkerized XTAC.

I'd rather see Wilson offer a true entry level pistol with a plain front strap, offered in any color you want so long as it is black, and get the price to $1999.
    Similarly, I'd like to see a Colt Series 70 Reproduction with a 25 LPI frontstrap checkering and mild dehorning for $1,000 or slightly less. Stainless steel would be good, and it wouldn't have to have fancy polished flats, either.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 11-20-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

I've been thinking the same for awhile. They've got so many gimmicks, that a plain pistol would be a treat.

Like the old 1996a2. $1345 according to my old 1997 catalog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theJanitor; 11-20-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Their tech told today the reason for the bobbed treatment of the Anomaly was for styling. Harkening back to the original 1911
    Doesn't matter much to me.

The abbreviated grip safety and bobbed hammer will allow the beavertail and hammer spur to not stab me, which is the problem running a Commander or CCO in a Cherries holster currently. Enough so, I've thought of doing an abbreviated grip safety and the SFS kit. But this could be a good alternative.

Also, it looks awesome.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-20-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I don't have a huge issue with the aesthetics. Overall it's another 1911 albeit with odd front strap texture.

I guess I don't see what this offers that my Dan Wesson Valor doesn't offer at a lower price. A smidge more hand sanding and the Wilson logo?

-Cory
    But, but you get ARMOR TOUGH coating and EAGLE CLAW checkering.

With Dan Wesson you get a finish that will last a lot longer than a paint job.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Doesn't matter much to me.

The abbreviated grip safety and bobbed hammer will allow the beavertail and hammer spur to not stab me, which is the problem running a Commander or CCO in a Cherries holster currently. Enough so, I've thought of doing an abbreviated grip safety and the SFS kit. But this could be a good alternative.

Also, it looks awesome.
    Just do it.. there's one available with no wait. https://alchemy1911.com/available-guns/

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    But, but you get ARMOR TOUGH coating and EAGLE CLAW checkering.

With Dan Wesson you get a finish that will last a lot longer than a paint job.
    Yup. Plus tried and true 25LPI front strap and mainspring housing. Along with in my opinion a cleaner look because of the nearly bare slide.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 11-21-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Just do it.. there's one available with no wait. https://alchemy1911.com/available-guns/
    Ugh.

Truck parts are expensive, tho. After I deal with the FJ, I’ll have to put a deposit down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Similarly, I'd like to see a Colt Series 70 Reproduction with a 25 LPI frontstrap checkering and mild dehorning for $1,000 or slightly less. Stainless steel would be good, and it wouldn't have to have fancy polished flats, either.

Best, Jon
    You mean a S70 Repro as in a traditional model with no firing pin safety, or a true Series 70 Reproduction with the correct bushing, ejection port, roll marks, and slide catch notch placement?

Either way the main reason that won't happen is that most people who want one of the traditional Colt models don't care about front strap checkering. Sort of goes against the whole "traditional" concept. Fusion Firearms will sell you one though.

From a pricing standpoint that would be reachable, since there are Colt models available with front strap checkering at around the $1000-1100 mark currently.
    Last edited by Robinson; 11-21-2019 at 11:05 AM.

User Tag List