Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat ACP

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    If Wilson put together a basic Government gun with...

-No fancy checkering/grip texturing

-Basic slide serrations (no front)

-Parkerized finish

-Basic sights

-Basic grips

You know, something on the order of a Milspec, feature-wise--but with the hand-tuned build and ultra-high quality parts. I feel like they could get it well under 2 grand and still make a solid margins. And I think it would sell.
    I would buy this, but I'd have a hard time choosing between it and a TRP, which would be cheaper, would have serrations and checkering, and by all accounts run reliably. There's only so much you can increase the price by telling me my sear hardness would be 1 rockwell better or whatever.

If Dan Wesson has actually gotten it together and is using Novak-spec dovetails there is no need for Wilson to try to drop lower in the market. Because frankly, there won't be anything better than a DW in the 1-2k range.

For less than a grand? There is space in that market for a high quality gun, but it's unlikely to happen due to cost. Colt does it best right now and is unlikely to give that up. I could only be convinced to drop $1000+ on a Colt if it was a Custom Shop-tuned/built gun. Otherwise, DW makes more sense financially.

Springfield, Para Ordnance, Remington, Ruger, Kimber, Nighthawk, Les Baer, and Ed Brown could all get out of the 1911 business tomorrow and almost no one would notice

If you had Colt, Dan Wesson, and Wilson - you'd basically have what 75% are carrying anyways, excluding the occasional Kimber, Springfield, or Baer.

The fact that the Alchemy Prime comes in at $2800 with a 1"@25 yards accuracy guarantee is going to make it hard to convince me there is a better deal on semi-custom 1911s. Hell, I haven't yet specc'ed an Alchemy over $3300 in any of the sizes or configurations and all of those go with the 1"@25y guarantee. And frankly, they are all better looking guns than the Wilsons.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I would take them seriously again if they did that.

I liked the days when a pistol was primarily built for professional/duty use without all the nonsense.

Looking at at what all the 'high end' plastic and 1911 guns are is just embarrassing. I mean, would a grown man seriously show up to train/compete/work with other grown men and have something like that in his holster? I sure as hell wouldn't. It would be like driving up in some ridiculous raised or lowered vehicle with gaudy paint, huge wheels, and the radio blasting.
    I genuinely don't understand this. I've shown up to train plenty of times with decked out Glocks with Surefire lights and RMRs. Glocks with slide work done by Jagerworks and a complete build by Fowler Industries. Those are expensive Glocks.

I've also shown up to train with a Guncrafter Industries 9mm 1911 that cost $3000+. I've currently got another Volkmann Precision gun on the way that I will likely take to future training courses.

I have no problem training with a $500 gun and I've got no problem training with a $5000 gun. I would gladly take my Staccato P DUO to train with as well. If I ever have a custom 1911 that is anywhere near the $10000 mark, I'll be training with and carrying that one too.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    I think you missed his point.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If Dan Wesson has actually gotten it together and is using Novak-spec dovetails there is no need for Wilson to try to drop lower in the market. Because frankly, there won't be anything better than a DW in the 1-2k range.
    DW has been using Novak dovetails for the front and rear sights for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    My CBOB from 2006 has factory rear Novak cut. Not sure on the front.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Awesome.

I thought that was the case. But for awhile they used some proprietary dovetail which was silly.

It’s my opinion, that if someone isn’t going to run a staked front sight and GI dovetail rear, they should cut the gun for Novak dovetails - the end. Why we still have Bomar, Heinie, or other proprietary cuts in 2019 is a mystery to me. If you want adjustables, they are available in Novak cut. You want bar-dot? Novak cut. Gold bead? Novak cut. Gold line front ramp? Novak cut. Triji HDs? Novak cut.

I honestly wish people would either use Glock or Novak 1911 dovetails on everything - life would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    My CBOB from 2006 has factory rear Novak cut. Not sure on the front.
    Awesome.

I thought that was the case. But for awhile they used some proprietary dovetail which was silly.

It’s my opinion, that if someone isn’t going to run a staked front sight and GI dovetail rear, they should cut the gun for Novak dovetails - the end. Why we still have Bomar, Heinie, or other proprietary cuts in 2019 is a mystery to me. If you want adjustables, they are available in Novak cut. You want bar-dot? Novak cut. Gold bead? Novak cut. Gold line front ramp? Novak cut. Triji HDs? Novak cut.

I honestly wish people would either use Glock or Novak 1911 dovetails on everything - life would be better.
    They used the Springfield cut for the front sight before they switched to Novak. I never minded, at the time, but my eyesight was better and I didn’t need a BOLD/HD-style front sight like I do now. Now I’m glad they switched.

Yes.

And a DPP footprint for optics.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I think you missed his point.
    I guess so.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

User Tag List