Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Wilson Combat ACP

I'm getting a Millenium vibe from this thing. For anyone who doesn't recall, Wilson released a "budget" ($1400) pistol in the late 90s. I bought one. It took five months to get it and I had to send it back a few times before finally getting my money back on it. I'm sure this will be good, but I think I'll save my Wilson money for guns in their wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    FYI - I don’t think @M2CattleCo was trying to suggest that people don’t train with high dollar guns. Heck his avatar is a Wilson.

That’s the guy the APC is made for and that’s the guy M2 is making fun of. I don’t blame him. We all know, any self respecting 1911 carrier would show up wearing a hand carved leather holster with matching belt and double mag pouch.

I beat on high-end 1911s the same as Glocks. They're tools just the same. And they all ride in Raven or JM Kydex or Milt Sparks leather.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    FYI - I don’t think @M2CattleCo was trying to suggest that people don’t train with high dollar guns. Heck his avatar is a Wilson.

What he was saying is - the “APC” has more in common with a Salient or Zev Glock or the new Ed Brown M&P. It’s a fancy name, on the side of an ugly gun.

Think of it this way - you arrive at class in the morning and the first guy you see arrives in a jacked up, 2WD, diesel, pickup that is wearing 22” chrome rims and has low profile “dirt” tires on it and the closest it’s ever come to off roading is the gravel parking lot at the local Farmer’s Market. The guy gets out in his stiff as plywood starched IDPA vest, underneath you spy a Wilson APC in in a sharkskin covered kydex low-ride holster, on a tooled leather belt with a buckle the size of the truck emblem on the grille.

That’s the guy the APC is made for and that’s the guy M2 is making fun of. I don’t blame him. We all know, any self respecting 1911 carrier would show up wearing a hand carved leather holster with matching belt and double mag pouch.
    I would agree (if this is what you mean). That the APC buyer for the most part is probably not someone who really runs their gear hard or takes any formal legitimate training. He is simply posturing with what he thinks looks cool and makes him and his mall crawler feel cool.

IMHO there are a lot of Wilson/Nighthawk users who would laugh at this guy and be pissed that he is what helps give 1911s a bad name. To me a Wilson is not necessarily high end you are simply paying for a product that is hand built inline with its original design. Yes it is expensive, but you are not paying for the Gucci bullshit looks or for meaningless machining. It is purpose built and that simply comes with a cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Milt Sparks leather.
    Carved Sparks is a thing.

I want an ACW.... almost pressed the trigger on a .45 PE or CC but put that on the back burner. Maybe a Staccato P is in my future, not 100% till I hold and possibly shoot a 2020 model.

Maybe a DW Valor if the $$$$ are not there for a ACW, but nothing else interests me. Till then.... these dudes will have to do.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List