Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petty or idiotic ways to forever lose the right to own firearms

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    OK. And you US Americans have the advantage that you have the right to carry your weapons. We don't. In Germany, most civilians are not allowed to carry a firearm. We can keep them in a safe at home and can fire them on a shooting range. When we transport the weapon to the range, it must be unloaded and in a locked container. Only licensed hunters can carry their weapons on their hunting ground.
    It's unfortunate that we didn't insert the right to keep and bear arms into the Grundgesetz back in '49, but I don't know if Tommy and Francois would have been okay with it. Sorry man.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Live in NJ.
    It's only illegal to legally own guns in NJ.
    It is however legal to illegally own guns though.
    Also identify as a transgender gay black muslim billy goat.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    It's only illegal to legally own guns in NJ.
    It is however legal to illegally own guns though.
    Also identify as a transgender gay black muslim billy goat.
    That puts you on the horns of a dilemma.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's unfortunate that we didn't insert the right to keep and bear arms into the Grundgesetz back in '49, but I don't know if Tommy and Francois would have been okay with it. Sorry man.
    Owning my HKs and being able to fire them on a range is also very nice. Most people on the planet are not so lucky. But you US Americans are extremely lucky in this regard. Treasure your rights.
    Last edited by P30; 11-19-2019 at 03:49 PM.

(accidental double tap)
    Last edited by P30; 11-19-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I'm often amazed at the ways people become "prohibited persons." In the news recently was a NJ guy who wrote bad checks in 1999 and a NY guy who did more than $250 vandalism damage in 1998. But my favorite is the MA guy who in 2009 dug up his father's urn from a cemetery to place on his mantle.

What dumb stuff have you come across?
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but the one situation I have heard of is protection from abuse orders. Was in a local gun shop and noticed several guns on the consignment rack that were silly over priced. The explanation was that the owner had been tipped off that his estranged wife had filed for a PFA so he had the FFL put them on his books.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but the one situation I have heard of is protection from abuse orders. Was in a local gun shop and noticed several guns on the consignment rack that were silly over priced. The explanation was that the owner had been tipped off that his estranged wife had filed for a PFA so he had the FFL put them on his books.
    We have whole businesses here who do nothing but babysit your guns while your soon-to-be-ex-wife steals all your money through lawyers, and accuses you of crimes that would make Harvey Wienstein blush.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Here is a new one:

In California a handyman performing over $500 work in a declared disaster zone (e.g. an area previously hit by a forest fire) without a contractor's license is guilty of a felony punishable by up to 16 months in prison. That $500 limit includes materials, even if provided by the homeowner, which means charging $50 to mount a homeowner's $500 flat screen TV is a felony that can make you a prohibited person.

Site Supporter
    Most are aware that a family violence plea or conviction will negate 2A rights. Most are aware that a felony plea or conviction will have the same outcome. It's the individual's responsibility to avoid having either.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Most are aware that a family violence plea or conviction will negate 2A rights. Most are aware that a felony plea or conviction will have the same outcome. It's the individual's responsibility to avoid having either.
    Sure, but how easy is it to meet that responsibility when felonies are practically innumerable?

Do you know for sure that your year to year activities surrounding such things as taxes, vehicle use, home repair, firearms carriage, use, and modification, internet communication, computer use, etc., are not potentially felonious?

You probably don’t, and that’s a problem.

User Tag List