Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kel-tec P32

I purchased a P32 the same week they first introduced.. then bought a Gen 2 .. Like a dummy sold them both a couple of years back .. use higher pressure European ammo .. I used Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil as I do with all my pistols , small amounts on a cotton swab …

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    @BillSWPA

Do you have a preference on lube or grease on the P32? I tried reading the KTOG forum but I don't know anyone over there.
    I ran around KTOG for a long time. I’ve always greased mine, and it was my EDC for quite a long time. These days, it lives in a Kydex pocket holster and is my sweatpants/take the kids to school gun. It does need the lint cleaned out regularly.

I used hike with a Gen 1 for several years, before I decided I needed something bigger for four-legged creature protection. Also used it for a grab and go to run to the store and such. Moved up to a LCP and gave it to my daughter. She carries it all the time now. Traded the LCP in for a LCP Max which is now my grab and go pistol.

I'm actually looking for another .32ACP pistol, but something a bit larger this time, like a Cheetah or a PP or maybe even a CZ50 or 70.

Okay starting a project.

Brand new Kel-Tec Gen 2 P32. Has not been fired.

Upgrades are Innovative Weaponry sights, polished barrel and feed ramp, Wolff 11 lb recoil springs and proper lubing. I'm running recommended Fiocchi 73 gr. ball ammo.

This gun for me has a primary application of being a Patterned Compliance Pistol or.....PCP?

No sub-second draw with this little gun. However there are ALOT of other novel applications for a gun that one can literally palm.

For these applications the IW sights are probably superfluous but I like the capability of possibly extending the distance say to 7 yards or so.

ShivWorks is also moving into paid streaming subscriber content and more than likely this is where most of what I'm gonna do during this project is going to reside.

hiker carry for me

I just joined this forum, and see that this is an old thread, and since I have one of the Keltec p32's, thought I would respond.

I bought this little pistol several years ago, and probably haven't shot it more than 25 times....What I like about it, it is very convenient to carry, lite and compact for hiking which I do a lot of. As an older guy, late 70's, I feel quite secure, (At least I have some protection with me) and better than the 6 foot staff I used to carry. One other pro, is it is a soft shooting gun.

What I don't like is from the few times I've shot this thing, it has have several FTE issues, and, I think that Keltec could have put a smoother trigger on this thing...I'm not speaking about the trigger pull, as much at the trigger itself is sharp, and could have been wider, and not have the skinny design they put on it.
    example, the Beretta .32 tip up, has a very nice trigger.

anyway, My EDC is the SCCY CPX-3 and of all the other pistols of higher quality, I absolutely love this gun...I know it gets a lot of bad rap, however, I must have gotten one that was an exception. Don't know if this will get any response, but as a pistol enthusiast for many moons, gonna check out more of the forums....Since this is just about Christmas time....Merry Christmas to all

Site Supporter
    Regarding ammo, yesterday I ordered a few boxes of this:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=132

Since it is a hard cast flat nose bullet, it should do more tissue damage than a typical FMJ while providing good penetration. Although I plan to test a couple of boxes of the ammo for functional reliability as soon as I can get to the range after receiving it, I have no reason to believe it would not function well in a P-32.

Although the ammo is described as +P, I am unaware of a SAAMI specification for +P in .32 auto, so we will just have to take that as saying the pressure is a bit higher.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Regarding ammo, yesterday I ordered a few boxes of this:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=132

Since it is a hard cast flat nose bullet, it should do more tissue damage than a typical FMJ while providing good penetration. Although I plan to test a couple of boxes of the ammo for functional reliability as soon as I can get to the range after receiving it, I have no reason to believe it would not function well in a P-32.

Although the ammo is described as +P, I am unaware of a SAAMI specification for +P in .32 auto, so we will just have to take that as saying the pressure is a bit higher.
    Bill I'm curious about the case length of the BB round and whether that rim has a taper or a hard angle on it, compared to Fiocchi.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Bill I'm curious about the case length of the BB round and whether that rim has a taper or a hard angle on it, compared to Fiocchi.
    I can take measurements of he overall length and case length, and some photographs when the ammo arrives. Perhaps a close up photo of the rim and a photo of a cartridge in a magazine? Any other photos or measurements?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I can take measurements of he overall length and case length, and some photographs when the ammo arrives. Perhaps a close up photo of the rim and a photo of a cartridge in a magazine? Any other photos or measurements?
    No sir that would be perfect and on the money, thank you!

Why are these so hard to find recently, used to see them all kinds of color and slide combos, and now they are kind of scarce. I wonder if they have plans for more capacity.

Ruger was rumored to offer a .32 LCP years ago, but I think the .22 came out instead. Would love Ruger version!

User Tag List