Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kel-tec P32

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    A few other Kel-Tec pointers:

DO NOT do the “fluff and buff” advocated on some other forums. Kel-Tec has seen a lot of in-spec guns taken out of spec by this procedure. The last statement I saw from them indicated that they are no longer covering guns so modified under warranty.

+10% extra power magazine springs help to a small degree, but I would not regard them as mandatory.

The P-32 comes with a polymer guide rod. Do not replace it with steel. The flexibility of the polymer is necessary to avoid binding the slide during movement. I tried this replacement, and experienced malfunctions that disappeared when the polymer guide rod was reinstalled.

These guns sometimes require a small amount of understanding on the user’s part to make them 100%, but they are well worth having. Anyone who is truly serious about being armed at all times needs at least one of these tiny guns.
    ^ great info...

I carry mine all the time. <10oz, loaded, is so light you can't make excuses to NOT carry it. I load it with 73 gr Fiocchi FMJ. My gun shoots POA=POI reasonably well with the diminutive sights out to 25 yards. The trigger isn't meant for doing Bill drills and such, but it is workable if you know how to handle a DA gun.

I carry it in a Galco horsehide holster. Clean the lint off and lube once a week.

It isn't much, but it certainly works.

http://instagram.com/p/BqqNXj7Hn4M/

On a recommendation, picked up a used P32 "pocket gun"... at 9.6oz with 8rds of "manstopper" 32ACP, there really isn’t ever any reason why I should leave the house unarmed... The cerakoting was done by the previous owner and it is wearing off a bit, so I just took a sharpie to the sights (used a silver one to make a "dot") and fired a 7yd (upper cluster of 6) and a 10yd group (lower cluster of 6) before wasting 200rds of ammo to check reliability (worked alright). This isn’t a bullseye gun, but I can make those hits with the diminutive sights. Impressed. It adds layers to an overall defense strategy and fills the bill when a Beretta 92 is impossible to tote.

It is also my "beach gun"...

http://instagram.com/p/BueJZQ2HIyt/

I pocket carry one quite often with a Crimson Trace Laser. The only gun that I truly consider pocketable for me especially in jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    ^ great info...

I carry mine all the time. <10oz, loaded, is so light you can't make excuses to NOT carry it. I load it with 73 gr Fiocchi FMJ. My gun shoots POA=POI reasonably well with the diminutive sights out to 25 yards. The trigger isn't meant for doing Bill drills and such, but it is workable if you know how to handle a DA gun.

I carry it in a Galco horsehide holster. Clean the lint off and lube once a week.

It isn't much, but it certainly works.

http://instagram.com/p/BqqNXj7Hn4M/

On a recommendation, picked up a used P32 "pocket gun"... at 9.6oz with 8rds of "manstopper" 32ACP, there really isn’t ever any reason why I should leave the house unarmed... The cerakoting was done by the previous owner and it is wearing off a bit, so I just took a sharpie to the sights (used a silver one to make a "dot") and fired a 7yd (upper cluster of 6) and a 10yd group (lower cluster of 6) before wasting 200rds of ammo to check reliability (worked alright). This isn’t a bullseye gun, but I can make those hits with the diminutive sights. Impressed. It adds layers to an overall defense strategy and fills the bill when a Beretta 92 is impossible to tote.

It is also my "beach gun"...

http://instagram.com/p/BueJZQ2HIyt/
    That's some nice shootin' with a microgun, sir!

(Sets new goals)
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I have a P32 and I call it my bikini blaster. You know, for when I wear a bikini I can still pack heat. I digress with the puns. Anyway, the only malfunctions I had were due to me not gripping it well and the pistol had no lube. I don't carry it much but when I need something and nothing else would fill the role the P32 works. A Crimson Trace laser would make it easier to shoot more accurately but I'm not willing to pay fifty percent of the price of the pistol for laser beams.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    I have a P32 and I call it my bikini blaster. You know, for when I wear a bikini I can still pack heat. I digress with the puns. Anyway, the only malfunctions I had were due to me not gripping it well and the pistol had no lube. I don't carry it much but when I need something and nothing else would fill the role the P32 works. A Crimson Trace laser would make it easier to shoot more accurately but I'm not willing to pay fifty percent of the price of the pistol for laser beams.
    May I suggest taking advantage of a Black Friday sale and trying it?

Lasers have their limits. The red lasers available for these guns are completely useless outdoors during most daylight hours.

However, as the sun starts to go down, at night, or any time indoors, a laser totally transforms the potential of these guns. At times when you can see the laser, you will likely find that you can shoot this gun as well as you can shoot a full-size, iron sighted 1911.

My personal sample size is small, and my lifestyle is generally safe, but every time I thought I was about to need a gun, with only one exception, was under light conditions in which a laser would be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Many years ago, in a land far far away (literally, I was deployed at the time), I encountered this thing called a "message board" while searching Google for what the headstamps were on our military issue M855 and M80 ball. That message board was KTOG, and I'd never heard of Kel Tec before, but got interested because it was around the time I turned 21, and my state had just passed CCW.

So, I wound up with a P3AT, and some time later got married. She absolutely abhorred the .380, but was gifted a P32 by a friend. I wound up trading the .380 for another .32 because it was more comfortable to shoot, and found it easier to find one somewhat oddball caliber than two, as this was still before .380's made the smash into the market that they have become now.

I carried that P32 for a long time, and dispatched a number of armadillos with it out to maybe five or seven yards? I really don't remember, but it can be fairly accurate.

The biggest points I would make on it are 1) keep it stock, 2) keep it clean, 3) lube it with grease, 4) carry FMJ, and the hotter the better. My preference is Fiocchi. JHP do not have a long enough OAL, and are prone to rim lock in the mag.

Edit to add - there's been some crazy deals on them several places this year. I believe Gunprime had them for south of $150. Less than I paid for a PF9, and that cost me just at 200 to get it in my hands.
    Last edited by spence; 11-21-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Site Supporter
    Be sure to test a P-32 loaded to full magazine capacity plus one in the chamber. This is when the problems that will be overcome by a heavier recoil spring will occur.

If the gun is tested only by loading a magazine, chambering a round from that magazine, and shooting (the way most of us shoot at a range), and then the gun is loaded with 1 more round for actual carry, that shooter could be well set up to experience a first shot failure to feed at the worst possible time.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I pocket carried a P3AT for several years. I bought my lady a P32 and found I liked pocket carrying it even better than the .380. I mentioned this to her and she bought me one for Christmas 4 years ago. Been carrying it ever since. Easy to shoot and maintain and it's really light and small. Can't think of a single bad thing to say about it. If you don't have one, you should. I only shoot it up close, 3 to 7 yards, It's a close up weapon. 25 yards is a little far for this pistol and caliber.

Site Supporter
    Thanks Gentlemen, this is what I was hoping to get back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Be sure to test a P-32 loaded to full magazine capacity plus one in the chamber. This is when the problems that will be overcome by a heavier recoil spring will occur.

If the gun is tested only by loading a magazine, chambering a round from that magazine, and shooting (the way most of us shoot at a range), and then the gun is loaded with 1 more round for actual carry, that shooter could be well set up to experience a first shot failure to feed at the worst possible time.

To fix this issue do you use a heavier recoil spring?

User Tag List