Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

The Future...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Sigh... Up to this point in my life, I have been very insulated from any sort of gun control nonsense by virtue of where I have lived. The most oppressive thing I have dealt with to date is commercial air travel with firearms. But, having recently purchased property in the BEAUTIFUL state of Virginia, reality is setting in. I get that this is going to be a tough, ball-busting fight - but could we not throw in the towel before the opening round? I find it... unsettling that I, the perpetual pessimist (say that five times fast), am more optimistic about knocking down these proposals than some of my betters around here (LL, Blues, et. al.).

I am encouraged by the efforts of the VCDL and the tone in general in Virginia and I think we might actually win this. (The people in the SW part of the state were the other big part of the equation that led me to locate there. I have referred to them as, "Fiercely Patriotic." I guess we wil see.) I am convinced that there are still more of "us" than there are of "them." We just need to get off our ass and get busy.

Let's commiserate if the other side wins - but not yet. Maybe spend some of this energy strategerizing and figuring out how to monkey-stomp this nonsense. Can you imagine the momentum Pro-Freedom folks would pick up if these proposals died where they sit? Is that realistic? I dunno, but a feller can dream. I'm not ready to give up without putting the other side to the test. Let's at least fight the battle.
    Last edited by Tensaw; 11-19-2019 at 05:52 PM.

How many of the patrons of recent gun shows in the Commonwealth bothered to cast a ballot on Election Day? I know several who opted to stay home, because their thurrdy thurrdy wouldn’t be affected by this proposed legislation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a shame VA is such a beautiful state but NOT free anymore.
    Its going to be bad, the question is how bad??

The only good thing is you have until July 1 to figure out what to do, Evans’s after that your options may be very limited

Virginia is not an exception. How much clearer does it need to be? Democratic party = gun confiscation.
    Last edited by cheby; 11-19-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Unfortunately I have NOTHING remotely site compliant to say right now...

That said, In the mid 1770s, similar type of blatant acts were the precursor to revolutionary hostilities against a government that was not "for the people".

Does this:

"...A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;"

mean any assault-firearm with a native capacity of greater than 10 rounds? Like, say, a Glock 19?

Also: TIL I learned a new buzzword - "Assault Firearm." Wow. What the actual frack.

Site Supporter
    The parts language is unintelligible. It would seem to potentially ban even muzzle brakes and all AR pistol grips even if they are parts of a bolt action rifle. Also, the parts language would undo the attempt to grandfather magazines. The bill only prohibits future importation and transfers of banned magazines, not current possession.

Site Supporter
    This clearly does not look good. However, keep in mind that B. Hussein Obama was not able to get gun control through Congress when his party held a majority in both houses. Please don't throw in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Does this:

"...A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;"

mean any assault-firearm with a native capacity of greater than 10 rounds? Like, say, a Glock 19?

Also: TIL I learned a new buzzword - "Assault Firearm." Wow. What the actual frack.
    Fixed magazine would be something like a Mauser C96, Bergmann-Bayard, Steyr 1907, or Steyr-Hahn 1912.

The Glock 19 has a "Detachable box magazine".
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List