Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    This bill can't be correct either. Are we actually having both parties go in for the kill here?

https://legiscan.com/VA/bill/HB142/2020
    I’ve met some fuddish, authoritarian Republicans over the years, who loathed private gun ownership for the hoi polloi. Not every Republican is a supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 12-27-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    VCDL/GOA statement in response to VA AG.
    VA Gov. Northam's prior positions regarding illegal immigration sanctuary cities would seem to have opened him up to the logical conclusion that 2A sanctuary counties are legitimate. It's kind of hard not to see his actions as establishing that precedent in VA...

Site Supporter
    Um, this bill introduced by a republican can't be serious: https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...NhhjU4lXXpqKJM
    WTAF? I have low expectations when it comes to VA Republicans. In my view, they had only one job in this whole mess. Just the one.

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    WTAF? I have low expectations when it comes to VA Republicans. In my view, they had only one job in this whole mess. Just the one.
    On a positive note, if that becomes law, the end result will almost certainly be the issuance of a much higher number of carry permits than usual going forward.

No mention of Virginia in the latest NRA American Rifleman magazine. Seems a bit off from an organization that's supposedly fighting for our 2A with our donations.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Magazines typically have a 3 to 4 month lead time for articles....

Um, this bill introduced by a republican can't be serious: https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...NhhjU4lXXpqKJM
    What's that line? "Conservatism is just progressivism driving the speed limit."
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    VCDL/GOA statement in response to VA AG. (opens pdf)

https://gunowners.org/wp-content/upl...er-26-2019.pdf
    Just read the executive summary, think I'll send some money to GOA. And just where is sniveling LaPierre with an equally "stake in the ground" statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    Just read the executive summary, think I'll send some money to GOA. And just where is sniveling LaPierre with an equally "stake in the ground" statement?

Wayne is over at his chippie’s apartment trying on a new Italian suit he just bought with membership dues..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Magazines typically have a 3 to 4 month lead time for articles....
    While a touch off topic, this is a good point. I got my current Shooting Illustrated which has a positive article about the NYC case at SCOTUS, which hadn't been discussed I imagine at press time. As we know, the discussion was less than positive, at best neutral and the case may be moot.

As far as Virginia, the discussion elsewhere ranges from calm to hysterical revolution fantasies. There is debate over whether the NRA call for protests is interferring with VCDL. Predictions are of giant turn outs. That is going to be a test case. If the turn out fizzles, ain't good. There is little understanding of how much of the country would process what would seem to be terrorism from 'gun advocates'.

The NRA dug themselves into a hole which makes the leadership a negative in defending gun rights. What else is new.

User Tag List