Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    WTF is going on with the NRA? Where are they, @joshs is doing more than I see the big money organization that so many of us are members of.
    Joshs works for the NRA-ILA, IIRC.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I LOL’d at that article. Don’t get me wrong, their total ignorance of what’s happening on our side is terrifying and will lead to a national disaster if it continues. It’s a very dangerous bubble to be in.

What’s funny to me is the idea that the VA National Guard could be used to intervene. I’m laughing picturing that and trying to type this. Who do they think they are disarming? Who do they think is attending these meetings? I spent 8 years with the VA ARNG as a training client. Good dudes, who love them some guns. Do these fools realize that the proposed laws make half of VA ARNG soldiers felons? Will they kick in their own doors?

The leadership of the VA ARNG, say E5-O5 are decidedly NOT on their side.
    Yeah when I read about their plan to use the NG I had a good laugh. I don't see them enforcing some unconstitutional BS gun ban anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We're still talking about America here, right?
    Maybe not for long..

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I LOL’d at that article. Don’t get me wrong, their total ignorance of what’s happening on our side is terrifying and will lead to a national disaster if it continues. It’s a very dangerous bubble to be in.

What’s funny to me is the idea that the VA National Guard could be used to intervene. I’m laughing picturing that and trying to type this. Who do they think they are disarming? Who do they think is attending these meetings? I spent 8 years with the VA ARNG as a training client. Good dudes, who love them some guns. Do these fools realize that the proposed laws make half of VA ARNG soldiers felons? Will they kick in their own doors?

The leadership of the VA ARNG, say E5-O5 are decidedly NOT on their side.
    That would be the day they'd get my resignation letter...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Yeah when I read about their plan to use the NG I had a good laugh. I don't see them enforcing some unconstitutional BS gun ban anytime soon.
    If the NG won’t enforce their bullshit laws, and it falls on the state police, how many of them will leave their badges on the Captains desk on the way out the door? I guessing that VA’s state police force isn’t that big.. I mean, in my state (Ohio) the Ohio Highway Patrol numbers around 1200 for the whole state, I guessing VA’s state police force is about the same size or smaller, that’s not nearly enough to try and enforce this..The Democrats in VA are slitting their own throats....

Funny isn’t it, The Democrats in certain states are ok with ignoring federal law, But, if you want to ignore one of their laws, they’re perfectly fine with sending the military in to enforce it.. I’ll say one thing, the mask has come off for all to see... I sincerely hope this blows up in their face..
    Last edited by ralph; 12-12-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    If the NG won’t enforce their bullshit laws, and it falls on the state police, how many of them will leave their badges on the Captains desk on the way out the door? I guessing that VA’s state police force isn’t that big.. I mean, in my state (Ohio) the Ohio Highway Patrol numbers around 1200 for the whole state, I guessing VA’s state police force is about the same size or smaller, that’s not nearly enough to try and enforce this..The Democrats in VA are slitting their own throats....

Funny isn’t it, The Democrats in certain states are ok with ignoring federal law, But, if you want to ignore one of their laws, they’re perfectly fine with sending the military in to enforce it.. I’ll say one thing, the mask has come off for all to see... I sincerely hope this blows up in their face..
    We have a little over 2,000 Troopers.

With that said, it would fall on the Troopers to enforce the law long before it ever got to the National Guard, not the other way around. The National Guard can be deployed for public safety and to keep order, but they are not a LE organization, and have no power to effectuate arrests or serve warrants....and I highly doubt any Sheriff in VA would deputize them (all of the anti-gun areas have police departments with appointed chiefs, not Sheriffs).

The worst case scenario would be Troopers and anti-gun PDs (Fairfax, Arlington, Richmond, Norfolk, Alexandria) serving warrants with NG standing up inner and outer perimeters. That's something they realistically could be used for, and something already in the skill set for many units. This would obviously lead to a violent insurrection almost immediately, however, which is why it won't happen.

The most likely scenario is the State Police tasking an investigative office to enforce gun crimes under the new law on small time onsie-twosies, like how California is going about it. Otherwise it'd only be enforced by opportunistic arrests, i.e. you get in a traffic accident and your illegal shit spills out of the car, so Fairfax/Arlington/Alexandria/Richmond/Norfolk PD hook you up for it. I imagine most Sheriff's Deputies in the majority of the state would probably look the other way unless the car/belongings had to be towed/impounded.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-12-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

https://youtu.be/ZJBjD8SaJlw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re seeing an increase in deputies in the rural areas. It is going to be difficult to enforce the law when you can’t lock anyone up. Whose jails are you going to use? The sheriff who just deputized half his county? Or the one that is just going to tell you to fuck off?

And the NG skill sets for setting a cordon are gonna get tested when they’re up against real shitheads, not run of the mill lazy ass Iraqi or Afghani. The guys in training now plan on doing some damage time comes there is a need for it.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 12-12-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    We’re seeing an increase in deputies in the rural areas. It is going to be difficult to enforce the law when you can’t lock anyone up. Whose jails are you going to use? The sheriff who just deputized half his county? Or the one that is just going to tell you to fuck off?

And the NG skill sets for setting a cordon are gonna get tested when they’re up against real shitheads, not run of the mill lazy ass Iraqi or Afghani. The guys in training now plan on doing some damage time comes there is a need for it.
    Nothing is going to stop that ANG company commander that decides this is against his oath, and they start rounding up folks like the AG and others that go against the constitution. Or the full desertion of a ANG BN, or all those vets that still have uniforms. This will go guerilla quick.

Site Supporter
    Morons think that they can call up the Guard to enforce laws that the local police/sheriffs won't.
    And the governor can't "nationalize" the Guard.

We need a head-bang smiley.

Name:  HB.gif
Views: 334
Size:  904 Bytes

'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution, National Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List