Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Like what? I reviewed the original article before we put it on the ILA site.
    Like just about anything from the NRA.

They’ve put themselves in a position where they’ve alienated a good chunk of their membership with false information, and the luxuries taken by executives while all of this continued to take place.

The first three letters of ILA are NRA.

As a VA resident, I’d prefer the NRA just stay the fuck out of this. With friends like the NRA, who needs Democrats?
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 12-28-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

[QUOTE=Glenn E. Meyer;971823]There is little understanding of how much of the country would process what would seem to be terrorism from 'gun advocates'.QUOTE]

If you saying that peaceful protests will be characterized as terrorism, then there is no downside to the gatherings. Those who make such characterizations are too strident to reason with. They should be accepted as the permanent other side of the fight for our rights.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Um, this bill introduced by a republican can't be serious: https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...NhhjU4lXXpqKJM
    Aaaaaaand withdrawn.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Aaaaaaand withdrawn.
    "I have decided to withdraw House Bill 192. As a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I have no desire to impose restrictions on law abiding citizens. My sole intent was to increase safety with the use of firearms."
    https://www.facebook.com/delegateorr...616?__tn__=K-R

So not necessarily malicious. Just dim.

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    "I have decided to withdraw House Bill 192. As a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I have no desire to impose restrictions on law abiding citizens. My sole intent was to increase safety with the use of firearms."

Or fully malicious and underestimated the backlash.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Pacioli;971837]
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    There is little understanding of how much of the country would process what would seem to be terrorism from 'gun advocates'.QUOTE]

If you saying that peaceful protests will be characterized as terrorism, then there is no downside to the gatherings. Those who make such characterizations are too strident to reason with. They should be accepted as the permanent other side of the fight for our rights.
    I didn't say that. I was referring to numerous posts elsewhere stating that if the laws pass there will be armed violence. Also, folks being ready for something at the demonstrations, threatening law enforcement, some even suggesting violence against legislators. Haven't you read any of that?

[QUOTE=Glenn E. Meyer;971849]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post

I didn't say that. I was referring to numerous posts elsewhere stating that if the laws pass there will be armed violence. Also, folks being ready for something at the demonstrations, threatening law enforcement, some even suggesting violence against legislators. Haven't you read any of that?
    No I haven't, but I haven't read much outside of PF. I agree that threats of violence would be characterized that way. That sort of rhetoric is not productive.

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post

This is EXACTLY what is needed. No doubt this delegate got HAMMERED. This pressure needs to be on 24-7. Northam and all his cronies in the General Assembly should get so much pressure that the mere mention of the word "gun" should send them into spasms.

I'm in the process of scheduling my second in-person meeting with my delegate, this time with a small group. Virginians – have you made your feelings clear to your representatives?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    FWIW, I read it the same way as @Pacioli . I am now clarified, like butter.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Student
    Looks like there's yet another magazine ban added to the pile.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...?201+ful+HB961

At this point, it might be a good idea to consolidate the Virginia threads so it's easier to follow, perhaps in the VCDL thread?

So far what I can recall you guys facing:

Felony for magazines over 10 rounds (this post)
    Banning indoor ranges
    Banning outdoor ranges
    Terminating law enforcement for refusal to enforce any of the upcoming gun control if it passes
    Cutting agency budgets for same
    Training criminalized as 'paramilitary activity'

I'm sure there's more. At this point I'd really appreciate a complete list along with links to the bills on the state legislature's website.

Once midnight rings, it's payday, so at this point I guess it's time to give you guys some money.

There was also a sizable amount of discussion partway through Matthew Little's interview during last night's Civilian Carry Radio live cast. Usually they try not to get too much into politics on the show as a general rule, but it's understandable given that Baraka James and Allen Sams, along with so many other important people, call Virginia their home.

User Tag List