Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Josh, is there a way to coordinate this with VCDL so that we get this message out with the most reach? I know you have mentioned previously that lobby day would be too late, but it seems a large number of people aren't planning to go until the 20th and we obviously don't want to miss the opportunity as a concerned electorate to voice our frustration at the right time and to the right people.
    We're currently working on a gun owner session calendar that has important dates that we'll make public shortly. The hearing dates will likely be an estimate, and Dem leadership may try to keep the exact hearing dates till as late as possible to reduce gun owner turnout. We're also trying to secure dates just before session for some potential townhalls in targeted districts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Josh, is there a way to coordinate this with VCDL so that we get this message out with the most reach? I know you have mentioned previously that lobby day would be too late, but it seems a large number of people aren't planning to go until the 20th and we obviously don't want to miss the opportunity as a concerned electorate to voice our frustration at the right time and to the right people.
    Yeah, that would be great. VCDL is great at some things but it's a lot to coordinate so quickly. Almost nobody showed up when the Loudoun county 2A sanctuary proposal was brought up during a BOS meeting because almost no one knew about it, despite being active on the Loudoun sanctuary movement 2A FB page.

WTF is going on with the NRA? Where are they, @joshs is doing more than I see the big money organization that so many of us are members of.

Who cares?

Fuck the NRA.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    WTF is going on with the NRA? Where are they, @joshs is doing more than I see the big money organization that so many of us are members of.
    I only have the info that I have because of other NRA staff who are working in Virginia. Right now, we're still only in the information stage for member actions. We've sent multiple alerts on the pre-filed bills. There won't be any action items for members/supporters until early January. We will be posting the calendar and notifying people of important dates very shortly. There will also likely be a public information campaign in targeted districts over the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I only have the info that I have because of other NRA staff who are working in Virginia. Right now, we're still only in the information stage for member actions. We've sent multiple alerts on the pre-filed bills. There won't be any action items for members/supporters until early January. We will be posting the calendar and notifying people of important dates very shortly. There will also likely be a public information campaign in targeted districts over the holidays.
    Thank You, I hope they actually organize and act this time. We need them to make a difference this time.

Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution and National Guard for police who fail to enforce gun control legislation

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ol-legislation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 12-12-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Bring it on.

Your national guard plan has one major flaw: they are fucking incompetent.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution and National Guard for police who fail to enforce gun control legislation

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ol-legislation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOL’d at that article. Don’t get me wrong, their total ignorance of what’s happening on our side is terrifying and will lead to a national disaster if it continues. It’s a very dangerous bubble to be in.

What’s funny to me is the idea that the VA National Guard could be used to intervene. I’m laughing picturing that and trying to type this. Who do they think they are disarming? Who do they think is attending these meetings? I spent 8 years with the VA ARNG as a training client. Good dudes, who love them some guns. Do these fools realize that the proposed laws make half of VA ARNG soldiers felons? Will they kick in their own doors?

The leadership of the VA ARNG, say E5-O5 are decidedly NOT on their side.

We're still talking about America here, right?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List