Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

I really hope the incoming legislature is paying attention. That said, I generally don’t have much faith in the die-hard, echo chamber-type left populating the external beltway to see much beyond the mirror reflection. Time will tell.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I really hope the incoming legislature is paying attention. That said, I generally don’t have much faith in the die-hard, echo chamber-type left populating the external beltway to see much beyond the mirror reflection. Time will tell.
    The Virginia Dems will be under pressure from the DNC and "the groups" to primary any Dem who doesn't vote to pass all of these bills, and my guess is that all the 2nd amendment county resolutions are probably not getting reported within the beltway to any great extent, Nor is your average legislator--and particularly the new ones--very knowledgeable about the tangle of issues involved in this.

The only way to beat these bills is to get enough Dems convinced that they stand a substantial chance of losing the next election if they vote yes on these bills. Dems from blue districts will automatically vote yes because they are afraid of getting primaried. The Dems who should be targeted are those in red or closely contested districts. If they see an enduring mass movement against the bills they will try to get a compromise (voting in favor of red flag laws or something like that) and plead with leadership not to call the other bills to a vote. Then leadership will have to balance the substantial chance that they lose their majority next time if they force these through against the incandescent fury of "the groups" if they are not passed.

And that is the only thing the average Dem legislator will care about--will this cost me the next election? They do not care about the merits except insofar as they need to placate their base.

Here’s some perspective from Matt Bracken
    https://www.banned.video/watch?id=5d...47c0002b0d9db3
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Not much news here. Just found it interesting that the VA Guard would issue a statement.

National Guard Responds To Virginia Congressman Who Proposed Using It To Enforce Gun Control

We have received multiple questions regarding proposed legislation for the 2020 General Assembly session and the authority of the Governor of Virginia to employ the Virginia National Guard in a law enforcement role,” Williams said in a statement posted to the official Virginia National Guard Twitter account.

“We understand and respect the passion people feel for the U.S. Constitution and 2nd Amendment rights. We will not speculate about the possible use of the Virginia National Guard,” he continued.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I am sure the VA TAG office (The Adjutant General) was being hammered with calls and emails so they responded.

Site Supporter
    Name:  EB0403F1-93E1-47B6-9916-BDB7EADB23A3.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  31.0 KB

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Link doesn't work. (At least for me.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Link doesn't work. (At least for me.)
    Hmm. Embedded link working for me.

If your browser forces http to https, this website does not seem to do https.

The democrats are simply out of touch with reality. Guess they don't realize that most NG personnel are the same people the democrats wants to take guns from! They aren't going to go disarm their friends and family.

User Tag List