Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

This may be somewhere between a long shot and just plain ol’ dumb, but Donald Trump, Jr. has made various appearances with Jerry Miculek lately. I wonder about the possibility of getting DJT to beat the drum for our side. Surely he has *some* connection with Virginia...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Thanks, NRA. Glad LaPierre got that 57% pay raise last year. Really well done.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...1+ful+SB16+pdf
    I have not been the NRA's cheerleader much on this board, but I would rephrase your statement above:

If the NRA does not have sufficient sway with enough reps on both sides of the aisle in VA to kill stupidity like this dead on arrival, they do not have a reason to exist as more than a frequently neglected bullet point of generalized 2A support on the Republican Plank. ...and certainly no reason to exist as an actual drain on the resources of concerned gun owners.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I'll have to look. To be honest, being a long-time NOVA resident (over 20 years now), I've given up hope of having any influence over local (as in those for whom I can vote) politicians as they are all left of center. The last time I tried, I got form-mail-fuck-yous in response.

As for who's next? NC would be my guess. NC has been left of VA for years. I totally did not expect VA to leapfrog NC like this.

Chris
    NC actually has a chance to have full R control (gov might flip) and large majorities in both houses after the 2020 election.

Compared to the bill submitted over the summer this bill allows pistol owners to retain (and use) high capacity magazines. The pistol provisions now seem aimed at AR style pistols.

The suppressor ban language no longer appears. Has that been submitted under separate legislation?
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-20-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    NC actually has a chance to have full R control (gov might flip) and large majorities in both houses after the 2020 election.
    Make it so!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The suppressor ban language no longer appears. Has that been submitted under separate legislation?
    No, but the threaded barrel language still exists (caught my attention because it would force me to dump my 22/45 which is my only suppressor host for my rimfire can), so allowing suppressors seems pointless.

Last night, I had a list of all the new bills in their current wording, but can't seem to find it now.

Chris

No, but the threaded barrel language still exists (caught my attention because it would force me to dump my 22/45 which is my only suppressor host for my rimfire can), so allowing suppressors seems pointless.

Last night, I had a list of all the new bills in their current wording, but can't seem to find it now.

Chris
    I don’t see why a threaded barrel on a rim fire is problematic under the draft language.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    It will be.

This is a list of everything submitted so far for 2020's session; scroll through (both pages) to find all (again, so far) firearms related bills: https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...xe?201+lst+ALL

Did I mention so far?

Presumably there are a lot of Democrat Virginia delegates and senators who are in swing districts and have to vote along more moderate lines?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    I don’t see why a threaded barrel on a rim fire is problematic under the draft language.
    You're right. Reading is fundamental. I kept glossing over the words "center-fire"

Chris

User Tag List