Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    This clearly does not look good. However, keep in mind that B. Hussein Obama was not able to get gun control through Congress when his party held a majority in both houses. Please don't throw in the towel.
    Nobody is throwing in the towel, but Virginia gun owners need to be motivated and coordinated for us to stop full on gun confiscation in the Commonwealth. Obama's gun agenda failed because of the Senate rules, so he didn't actually have the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Fixed magazine would be something like a Mauser C96, Bergmann-Bayard, Steyr 1907, or Steyr-Hahn 1912.

The Glock 19 has a "Detachable box magazine".
    Gotcha. And we all know how many of those were used in the DAILY MASS SHOOTINGS IN AMERICA THAT MUST BE STOPPED FORTHWITH.

/sarc.

I stopped at 3. and did not read 4. Wierd. It's almost like 3. and 4. were written by someone with a very scant knowledge of firearms.

Just to continue to harp on, though, I think we will be hearing quite a lot from the new term "assault-pistol" in the future. I mean, who in their right mind would need to own and Assault Pistol, amirite?

/sarc x 2

rich

Site Supporter
    I request that all the gun loving people of Virginia move to Georgia as fast as possible to help save us because we will be Blue soon otherwise. All these Southern states have been successful due to pro-business policies and we are being punished by our success by becoming magnets to refugees from the failed states.

I often think I am the only native Georgian left in the Atlanta area.

VA has been my home for a long time and I just left there in August so luckily for me, I’m not in that boat at the moment and therefore, don’t know what I’d do if I was. That being said, for those of you planning on moving, what’s the long term solution? I don’t know of a single state that’s not trending this way, or at least close to it. I don’t feel like this is something everyone can just run from forever. I think the Americans alive today will see the shifting point in our country’s second amendment. Whether the US as a whole transitions from slippery slope to full on avalanche or reverts back to actual freedom, and in what way, I don’t know. But I do think one or the other will happen. And having gun owners all over the country is superior to all of us held up in the last five states that value our right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is in a lot more social media than I am (which is to say - at all). She is reading where Virginians are pissed off and organizing. Settle in for the ride boyz.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    What this bill does do is basically forced confiscation under the threat of becoming a criminal.
    Why isn't this "forced confiscation" without compensation an unconstitutional taking? Wasn't NY faced with this issue when drafting their new law?

Site Supporter
    As resident of Maryland, "The Free State," I welcome my good neighbors from Virginia to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Nobody is throwing in the towel, but Virginia gun owners need to be motivated and coordinated for us to stop full on gun confiscation in the Commonwealth.
    What shall you have us do? What are your orders?

*Snaps to attention with a heel click*
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    The alternative is despair and hating my fellow Virginians until I can move.

Chris
    For what it’s worth, I’ve found that taking solace in the company of friends, bourbon, and a big pile of revolvers has helped take the edge off of WA residency.

I’m still unhappy at what has become of the tolerant, libertarian state of my youth—one that had the first "shall issue" paper in the nation.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What shall you have us do? What are your orders?

*Snaps to attention with a heel click*
    If you aren't already signed up to volunteer, then now would be a good time: https://www.nraila.org/grassroots/volunteer/ Please ask other gun owners to do the same.

We will be regularly asking people during the session to contact their lawmakers and to go to Richmond for hearings if possible. Even if your lawmakers aren't good on guns (mine aren't either because I live in Fairfax) it's still worth it to keep contacting them. Staff will always keep track of constituent contacts.

Make sure that every gun owner that you talk to in VA understands what is on the line, and that the result isn't predetermined.

We'll start to break down some of the upcoming legislation this week in alerts, but the current bills are just as likely feints as they are to be the actual legislation that moves. We won't know for sure what is moving until the bills are scheduled in committee.

I recommend that everyone who can attends every gun hearing they can. We will send out alerts whenever bills are scheduled. While you're in Richmond, try to connect with your delegate and senator or their staffs.

User Tag List