Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

Thanks, NRA. Glad LaPierre got that 57% pay raise last year. Really well done.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...1+ful+SB16+pdf

§ 18.2-308.8. Importation, sale, possession, etc., of assault firearms prohibited; penalty.
    A. For the purposes of this section:
    "Assault firearm" means:
    1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
    2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher; (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
    clauses (i) through (xii);
    3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
    4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
    clauses (i) through (vii);
    5. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    explosion of a combustible material; or
    6. A semi-automatic shotgun that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a
    combustible material that has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a thumbhole stock, (iii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the shotgun, (iv) the ability to accept a detachable magazine, (v) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds, or (vi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (v).
    7 of 8
    INTRODUCED SB16

SB16 8 of 8
    "Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify,
    429 or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily
    430 assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been
    431 rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or
    432 relic as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2.
    #RESIST

Time for SCOTUS to get off their collective lazy asses and fix these infringements permanently.

This sucks. Fight it hard, don’t give up. This will not go well for the south and western part of VA
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 11-19-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Welp, cross that one off my list of places to flee New England from... Too bad, because it was a frontrunner.

I've said it before, the national game is all well and good, but we've been getting clobbered at the state level since Sandy Hook. It's not just the same old states going further over the edge either, we are losing tons of literal ground. Once a state passes this stuff, good luck getting rid of it. At least in VT, it's been like Pandora's box. Now that the anti's got something passed, they smell blood in the water and have been pushing additional restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VT1032; 11-19-2019 at 10:12 AM.

@LittleLebowski is this expected to become law? I know VA elections were very bad for gun rights.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 11-19-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Once a state passes this stuff, good luck getting rid of it.
    In VA, we had a bunch of restrictions (1 handgun a month, local preemption of state gun laws, etc, etc). We managed to turn those around 11 years ago. We'll do it again if necessary.

Even in Deep Blue NoVA, VA is a pretty pro-gun state (drive around and take note of the VCDL stickers and Gadsen plates, not to mention all the gun stores, ranges, and such). I think the upcoming legislative push will wake a lot of gun owners and fill VCDL's coffers. Unfortunately, it'll be ugly in the short term and folks will have to move lawfully owned property out of state (either through selling or relocating it to friendlier locales).

Chris

Wonder how stripped lowers would be treated?
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by MEH View Post
    Wonder how stripped lowers would be treated?
    Probably as an assault weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Time for SCOTUS to get off their collective lazy asses and fix these infringements permanently.
    Am not expecting much from them...
    Last edited by Grey; 11-19-2019 at 12:44 PM.

More proof to me that Virginia, once the literal home of Liberty - is just turning into a Maryland-lite shithole.

Sorry VA dudes. But that place sucks (not as much as Maryland, but close). It's time to let it go. Move on. Kentucky is nice, so is Tennessee, also Alabama, also Mississippi.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-19-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

SC isn't in the game of changing states rights unless a majority of states have already determined what the law should be.

Not nearly as popular as SSM which the majority of the states decided was GTG.

Semi-auto anything, not so much.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List