Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Doubts about 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    That’s putting it mildly. I’m essentially done with this thread and it’s officially reached pants-on-head retarded levels of WTF.
    In that case, I feel like I can repost my favorite piece of cinematic caliber advice...from Sgt Tackleberry.

https://youtu.be/WFUAl0Nly7Y

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Unsurprisingly I am stopped happily at Step 10
    Tell that to your Beretta fetish...

F'ing Gun Hipster.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Tell that to your Beretta fetish...

F'ing Gun Hipster.
    Yeah, I read that post and thought "post by Steph, but it says 'Jetfire? ' "
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Up until you bust out that APX RDO with RMR again?
    I mean I still have two APXs with red dots on them, and if my work required me to carry a striker fired gun I'd just grab one of those, yeah.

I'm fortunate that I'm in a place where I can carry what I want most of the time. Sometimes I get told what to carry, and sometimes I get offered money to test stuff, and when that happens I carry whatever that is. But when I'm not getting paid or on the job, an LCR finds its way into my holster 99% of the time.

I mean I still have two APXs with red dots on them, and if my work required me to carry a striker fired gun I'd just grab one of those, yeah.

I'm fortunate that I'm in a place where I can carry what I want most of the time. Sometimes I get told what to carry, and sometimes I get offered money to test stuff, and when that happens I carry whatever that is. But when I'm not getting paid or on the job, an LCR finds its way into my holster 99% of the time.
    Even as a S&W fetishist, I can't fault your decision.

But I had no idea you were "one of us." ☺
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Tech forum. Not romper room.
    #RESIST

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tech forum. Not romper room.
    Somebody already said it but I think it would be a really good idea to take some of the best posts from this thread and make them their own sticky.

Apparently LOK grips is thinking about diving into the revolver grip market. I told them it would be super neato if they made a proper boot grip for an LCR and they seemed receptive. I’m now tempted to get an LCR just for this eventuality.

So then what reason is there (besides the "legacy" reasons of "department/agency still gives free .40/.45 ammo supply") to pick .40 or .45?

At this point it seems like there is no logical reason to choose any caliber other than 9mm if you're not in a communist state.
    Last edited by GlorifiedMailman; 11-23-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GlorifiedMailman View Post
    So then what reason is there (besides the "legacy" reasons of "department/agency still gives free .40/.45 ammo supply") to pick .40 or .45?

At this point it seems like there is no logical reason to choose any caliber other than 9mm if you're not in a communist state.
    That assumes that only logic guides our choices.

If you favor the 1911 platform, .45 ACP is a better choice because 1911s are more reliable in the caliber they were designed around.

Until about four years ago, I preferred revolvers, and I still love 'em. Revolvers can be made to work with 9x19, but IMHO it's pretty Rube Goldbergian.

If you need something to defend against larger four-legged predators as well as humans, a magnum revolver or .45 Super might work better.

I'm sure there are other reasons to use something other than 9x19, I just can't think of any right now.

User Tag List