Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Doubts about 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Yeah, it was in stock about a month ago, but went fast. If you really love the stuff, you might see if fatdog's LGS still has some. This was his post from a couple weeks back:
    I picked a few boxes up in Huntsville, AL at this place, but I don't know that they ship it or sell over the internet. I only get past there about once a month and it was a couple of weeks ago...

Stuff runs fine, decent practice ammo at least.

Site Supporter
    I began reading the self defense caliber wars before many here were born and have seen pendulums and dicks swing back and forth and band wagons roll until they hit a ditch. I think that bullet technology has solved our problems. Follow Doc's advice and win in every case. Did anyone notice that when a poster questioned the status quo too closely, others became unsettled? Such events occurred almost 50 years ago when the 9mm had high status but lost it later. It was true when the .45ACP was hot at the same time, and people criticized each other with great vigor.

If I knew that I faced danger, I would carry a high capacity pistol and would have my HK P2000 357 Sig in my pants. Why? My bias. No matter what facts you place before me, I am convinced that this pistol is more deadly than your pistol in some other caliber. Once I blew a poor opossum into 2 parts with it. You would not believe what this round will do to a dirt clod. Please don't bug me with facts. Pester Doc instead. Thank you.

"Doubts about 9mm".

14 fatal hits of 45 that failed to incapacitate an attacker led this LEO to switch to 9mm (and carry more ammunition), because 45 doesn't do anything 9mm already does, and shot placement counts more than miniscule differences of expanded diameters.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    "Doubts about 9mm".

14 fatal hits of 45 that failed to incapacitate an attacker led this LEO to switch to 9mm (and carry more ammunition), because 45 doesn't do anything 9mm already does, and shot placement counts more than miniscule differences of expanded diameters.

This is what happens when you encounter either a "Goal Oriented" adversary or one hopped on drugs/alcohol or even worse, both...
    As an aside, I had an encounter with a perp years ago who had so much heroin and cocaine in his system at the time, that the Medical Examiner said he should have been unconscious (but he wasn't.) The Federal 9mm Hydra-Shok 124gr. +P+ (4 in total), which I placed center mass performed as designed and I went home that day.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Tim Grammins now carries a 9mm.
    And, if my memory is accurate, *lots* more ammunition.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Just give it time, will come around full circle.

Full disclosure: I carry 9mms, .40s and occasionally the .45. But this thread caused me to dig out my notebook of interesting quotes. Whether you like G. Gordon Liddy or not, I still find his opinion on the 9mm entertaining.
    "We fought against it in WWI and WWII. If it were a good cartridge, the Pope would be dead. (This is a historical allusion and not an effort to shift the standard of measure from 'manstopper' to 'Popestopper': in fact he was hit three times with this bullet and survived.)
    This quote must be 30 years old, so does not reflect the latest ballistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Full disclosure: I carry 9mms, .40s and occasionally the .45. But this thread caused me to dig out my notebook of interesting quotes. Whether you like G. Gordon Liddy or not, I still find his opinion on the 9mm entertaining.
    "We fought against it in WWI and WWII. If it were a good cartridge, the Pope would be dead. (This is a historical allusion and not an effort to shift the standard of measure from 'manstopper' to 'Popestopper': in fact he was hit three times with this bullet and survived.)
    This quote must be 30 years old, so does not reflect the latest ballistics.
    I gave you a like for your picture.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    This thread is like a cancer and needs a wooden stake through it’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I gave you a like for your picture.
    Thanks. I look my best at 75+ feet away!

User Tag List