Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ETS now has HK mags

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Because the cost of a stoppage, either in creating doubt or in what it takes to vet a pistol that has a stoppage, way exceeds the few dollars saved on magazines.

HK has been described as a magazine company that builds some pistols on the side. Replacing an OEM HK mag with a after market product seems false economy.
    I have training guns. I would say the majority of users here have training guns. Malfunctions are not world ending. Shit can the offending magazine and drive on. If the problem persists amongst the entire cadre of mags its more than likely the mags if you're running a quality gun.

ETS is also really good about replacing magazines that don't work. I had one issue with an earlier generation 17 round magazine that was replaced no questions asked. The replacement works great and has thousands of rounds through it at this point.

Fifty dollars is 350 rounds for me. Id rather have the 350 rounds.

I will agree with you that if the magazines don't work then obviously it's a total waste of money. If they work then what is the issue with saving money in a non critical area?

I can appreciate that HK makes a really good magazine but once again, they're not affordable comparatively speaking. They also wear out a hell of a lot faster than a gun. A magazine is consumable. In that vein, if im spending less money to get the same result, im going to spend less money.

I can’t remember any of my HK pistol magazines wearing out. They may look worn out, due to most of their finish being gone, but they still function.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I can’t remember any of my HK pistol magazines wearing out. They may look worn out, due to most of their finish being gone, but they still function.
    For me ETS mags fill a void. Now that Glock makes an OEM 24rd mag I have no use for aftermarket versions. But for the G21/40 my only options before were extensions like TTI has (only for the 45’s) or the Kriss monster extensions. If Glock makes a 20rd or 30rd single body mag for the 45 caliber and 10mm guns I’ll buy those instead.

Magazine's break, feed lips get dented etc.

I dont carry mags that I train with. I run my carry mags once a year to verify function and then carry with them. I opt for the cheapest possible mags I can find as I train with those and they get stepped on, throw in the mud, dropped on concrete etc.

Different strokes for different folks. I personally relish the idea of an affordable training mag.

I’m more interested in this - 17rd metal mags for a little less than factory 15 rounders.
    Looks like they’re just 0.1” longer.

Name:  676B5FB0-32B2-4F9B-AED0-F17CBF876853.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  20.3 KB
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I've never seen a broken HK mag, ever.

And TLG had what, nearly 50,000 rounds through 6 HK45 mags. I've never gotten more than 5,000 rounds through a set of six 1911 mags. They're "cheaper" than HK mags, $30 vs. ~$50-60. And yet...the HK mags tend to last 10x as long.

I tend to agree that plastic mags like this are really a false economy.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-20-2019 at 10:19 PM.

This has been my experience. I have 30K rounds spread over four P30 mags and they still work 100%.

That being said, I hope the ETS mags work well as it will shut the mouth of the naysayers who are too cheap to buy a high quality HK mag.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I've never seen a broken HK mag, ever.

And TLG had what, nearly 50,000 rounds through 6 HK45 mags. I've never gotten more than 5,000 rounds through a set of six 1911 mags. They're "cheaper" than HK mags, $30 vs. ~$50-60. And yet...the HK mags tend to last 10x as long.

I tend to agree that plastic mags like this are really a false economy.
    HK replaced several of my early USP 45 mags that started to separate at the top of the "zipper". This was back in the '90's. No issues with any HK mag since.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List