Thread: All right... those invoved in this week's AMIS course in ANQ...

Site Supporter

All right... those invoved in this week's AMIS course in ABQ...

Please AAR..spill y'all

A few of us are ready to take the next one.. @Tamara included....

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 11-18-2019 at 05:14 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Please AAR..spill y'all

A few of us are ready to take the next one.. @Tamara included....

pat
    The facility is fantastic. I'll try and put an AAR of some sort together.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The facility is fantastic. I'll try and put an AAR of some sort together.
    I've taken a few classes with Doc R....

pat

All right... those invoved in this week's AMIS course in ANQ...

Solo structure clearing is a shit show. It’s incredibly stressful because there is no way to do it with the same level of safety/risk mitigation as with a team. Craig’s way is the least bad way to clear a structure by yourself that I can think of.

Certain actions that are huge taboos in LE/MIL team based CQB are acceptable when solo because they mitigate risk that you can’t mitigate in any other way. Examples include giving up space you’ve already cleared in order to get a better angle on uncleared space so you can clear more of it from a distance; quick peeking the way that Craig teaches it.

The low light portion was fascinating because it focused on using light to mask your own movement in addition to using the light to search.

Craig’s take on the “don’t shoot yet” problem is efficient and totally applicable to the LE world as well as the private citizen world.

Much of the LE world is transitioning to slow/deliberate CQB from dynamic entry style CQB. This class is consistent with that but it takes slow/deliberate to a whole knew level. The safest way to do things if there wasn’t something drawing you to a specific location was performed at a glacial pace to allow you to process very small slices of the pie with each step.

Mitigating the risk of you being seen before you see someone might require that you give up a stance/grip/body position that you can shoot very well from to take one that you can’t shoot as well from.

This was by far the most mentally taxing class I’ve taken. I highly recommend it. Craig mentioned that he was deciding between teaching EWO and AMIS again next year. This facility was perfect for most of his coursework.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 11-19-2019 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Added a bit more
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

This class is absolutely the next course I would like to take. Of course, I haven’t come even close to maxing out my skillset in ECQC or EWO, so I won’t turn up my nose at doing those either.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List