Thread: Looking for "sustainment ruck" recommendation

Looking for "sustainment ruck" recommendation

I occasionally ruck with anywhere between 20-50 lbs.
    Right now I am using Mystery Ranch NICE frame with Go Ruck Rucker strapped to it. However, despite the adjustments to the torso length, and tightly synching the hip belt, the rear of the frame still ends up lower than the front of the hip belt.
    As such I am looking for suggestions for packs that hold about 3000 cubic inches and 50-80lb max. Can be either external or internal frame.
    I also used Camelbak Trizip which I find a bit more comfortable than MR NICE.

Site Supporter

what about other kit?

I, too, was going to suggest the new Crossfire (great discussion thread elsewhere; many details). But do you wear other kit when you're humping your sustainment ruck? Do you wear chest kit or belt/suspenders? High or low? Brit' style kit - hippo belt, ample pouches all around - can help support a ruck. Just some thoughts....

Need molle?

There's another thread going on with this same topic, I suggested the MR Scree, which I've been using for a bit, it's pretty damn good and meets all your requirements.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I don't wear any other kit when rucking. I wouldn't mind molle, but could live with out it. Will check out MR Scree. Thanks!

Eberlestock has a sale going on now if you are interested in checking them out. Some stuff is 40% off.

Hill People Gear Ute, holds around 3600 ci, or Qui-Ya if you decide you need more volume. These are essentially the same, the Qui-Ya is simply bigger in terms of pack volume.

I have the Ute and once you manage to dial in the stays and the adjustments it is magic. I've never before worn a pack where you can hike as far and as high as your body can manage without ever once getting tired in the shoulders or shoulder girdle. It is like wearing a fanny pack. You simply get more tired in a systemic manner from the actual load you're carrying, rather than feeling like this part or that part of your body aches.

If you're an ounce chaser the pack might be considered too heavy, but in my opinion the way it carries outweighs that.

User Tag List