Thread: Wow, I had a good time yesterday

Wow, I had a good time yesterday

So since I was probably 19yo I have been gathering with a group of friends (where I met @Rosco Benson ) to shoot pistols on Sundays, setting up whatever cardboard and steel the collective has accumulated, and time each other through informal scenarios. We compete against ourselves but nobody wins nuthin, and that really is a great practice and learning environment.

So yesterday was declared in advance to be a "Revolver Day", and a core group of five showed up. Since essentially all of my revolver carry is with five shot guns I decided to even further handicap myself, and went with my 3" SP-101 that has been through Gemini. Nice action with one key feature being his FO front sight, these days that is pretty much a requirement for me.

Anyway, I had a blast. We also validated that up until they run dry you can keep a pretty good pace. I frequently bang away at a few plates with a J-Frame at the end of the day while we are packing up, but this was the first time in a while I really worked out on the clock with a revolver. As Claude Werner posted just Friday, if I was out hunting every day, yeah you would want a high capacity auto. But if one or two schmucks came upon me and my Ruger they might end up disappointed.

I also tested out my new JMCK AIWB and liked it. I probably need to add a little bit of wedge, depending on how the diet progresses.

Anyway, that is all, just reveling in a good time.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-18-2019 at 09:10 AM.

User Tag List