Thread: VZ Wrap Around grips for J frames

VZ Wrap Around grips for J frames

Just got a set of these with the 320 texture. Quite like them. I have normal proportioned size large hands and these really fit me nicely. Love the width high on the back strap. Fit the J very well... and very tight. First couple o' R&Rs were a bit fiddly.

The 320 texture is similar to a light linen micarta kind of thing. Certainly won't abrade anything but does provide a pretty good hang in the hand. I'd like to try his Operator II texture which is the next step up in aggressiveness. Its a combination texture that sounds rather interesting. Money is short right now but that won't last forever and I'll try another set with that texture. Very happy with these right now though.

Pics compared to the S&W rubber combat grip for comparison. Apologies for their quality - I had to use direct flash to make 'em and that's never a friendly thing
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Looks like they should clear speedloaders okay... Do they?

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Looks like they should clear speedloaders okay... Do they?
    I'm thinking yes but cannot say for certain as I haven't any loaders anymore. I'm a strip guy for the extra ammo nowadays.

Site Supporter
    I bought a set for my 642. They make a big lump in the pocket. Comfortable in the hand but not pocketable for me, which is the only reason I have a J-frame.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I bought a set for my 642. They make a big lump in the pocket. Comfortable in the hand but not pocketable for me, which is the only reason I have a J-frame.

Dave
    Yup, noticeably larger. They work fine for my pocket with 5.11 and TruSpec pants but jeans pockets probably not.

This is my coat pocket revolver and I like the larger grips that help my old man hands control the warmer loads.

User Tag List