Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SRO What Size MOA?

SRO What Size MOA?

I'm about to purchase the Trijion SRO but am unsure of the MOA I should get. It's between the 2.5 and the 5. I'm 66 and the eyes are having some problems. Reviews indicate that if you crank up the power the 2.5 would work. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RustyNail View Post
    I'm about to purchase the Trijion SRO but am unsure of the MOA I should get. It's between the 2.5 and the 5. I'm 66 and the eyes are having some problems. Reviews indicate that if you crank up the power the 2.5 would work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Having used both, I prefer the 5 for USPSA. My wife and friends do as well. For EDC, the auto works better with the five. Nothing wrong with the smaller dot, especially if you want to shoot beyond 100.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have the 5MOA on 2 different guns I use for USPSA and steel challenge. it has worked out very well for me so far (5000 rounds later)

Quote Originally Posted by RustyNail View Post
    I'm 66 and the eyes are having some problems.
    I'm 70 and have all sorts of eye problems. But as @GJM said, unless you're just going for accuracy at distance, I've found the 5 MOA to work best all around. I have other red dots, several with smaller dots, and while I like them for more static shooting, for "hurry up and go bang" situations, the larger dot works best . . . for me.

I’ve become a big fan of the larger dots on handgun. 5 MOA for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

(no experience with the SRO)

For general purpose (self defense and a modest level of participation in action pistol competition), I prefer the larger dot for 25y and in. I find the larger dot a bit more forgiving of poor fundamentals and index. I'm a bit more confident in my ability to find and track the larger dot. At this point in my development, I find that Pro outweighs the precision capability of the small dot. I could see how that perspective might change if I had better fundamentals or more interested in longer range precision shooting.
    Last edited by David S.; 11-20-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    David S.

Yeah going to pile on the 5moa bandwagon for pistol use here.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Have both the 2.5 and the 5.0. I will most likely sell the 2.5 and buy another 5.0.

Another vote for 5, will be getting another one soon.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Not exactly apples to apples as I am referring to different optic brands but I've had a personal experience with 2.0, 2.5, 3.25, 5.0, 6.5, and 8.0 MOA dots. Unless I am contemplating bullseye competition, I would not willingly choose anything under 5.0. I am slowly divesting from 2.5 DPPs for games and setting my carry guns with 6.5 RMRs.
    As far as cranking the 2.5 up, you get a blooming effect and you lose the dot border definitions.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List