Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Illumination Tool Carry

As follow-up to my previous post on the Kytex Gear horizontal carrier -

I am wearing the carrier with a Malkoff MD3 size light in it continuously and must reiterate how comfortable it is, how accessible it keeps the light and how securely it's retaining the specific light I'm carrying in it.

Since I work from a home office most days, in the winter months I'm usually dressed in jeans and a hoody, the sweatshirt easily covering the light and carrier. Unless I bump into something, I forget I'm even carrying it. In the summer months, it's usually a pair of cargo pocket shorts, a T-shirt tucked in and a button casual short sleeve shirt over the top to conceal the PPS in a JMCK #3 riding at four o'clock. I am anticipating the light will be carried in the same fashion all year.

Caveat - in my use, this setup really depends on that loop on the lanyard ring to hold the light securely in the carrier. With a 2-cell 6P size light, the light can walk out of the carrier. There is no provision on the light carrier to add or subtract resistance like there is (for example) on a JMCK mag carrier. @Tony Mayer I think you should consider making something like this: take this design and add a couple of tension screws at the top.

Full circle, the horizontal carrier is awesome for the MD3 light I'm carrying in it, set up with the lanyard ring to mechanically lock the light in the carrier as shown in my previous post. Another huge plus is that with the light carried horizontally at the eleven o'clock position, it does not interfere with my mag carrier(s) that ride vertically behind my hip at the eight o'clock position.

Overall this carrier works well for me with the lights I carry in it. The addition of a tensioning mechanism would make it even better for carrying the shorter 6P-size lights.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 11-25-2019 at 07:06 AM.

I will add it to my list of R&D projects!

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I carry an HDS EDC Tactical 325 (https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/EDC-T1B-325/) in my left front pants pocket along with my wallet and usually a small pocket knife of some kind. It's small enough to fit comfortably in the pocket, always in the same place so I don't have to think about it and suitable for every environment and dress, from business attire to yard work. Personally, I love the interface too. I keep it set at momentary full illumination and if I need less, I just rotate the head counterclockwise to whatever illumination I need. For me, it's a much better solution than multiple lights.
    I carry my HDS Rotary EDC in the same fashion..offside front pocket standing up next to my wallet. I'm going to try horizontal belt soon using a Thors Hammer leather holster, we will see if it works as good as I hope for...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    I picked up a few Surefire Sidekicks on sale. My initial impression is that I like everything except the size. The size makes sense if it is the only light being carried, but it is a bit bulky for a backup light carried on a keychain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List