Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumination Tool Carry

My preferred method is a horizontal kydex sheath worn at 11:00 which allows instant access by either hand. Unfortunately this method conflicts with an untucked shirt and CCW... An unexplained bulge at the belt line and the potential for exposing the gun or mags means this method works best with tucked carry or pocket carry of your CCW.
    A 3 cell clipped in the pocket is how I carry a second light.

I carry in a Blue Force Belt Pouch. I thought I wanted a kydex / hard shell holster but have been pleased with the BF pouch. I carry at 9:00.
    Name:  Blue Force Light Pouch.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  97.1 KB

For the really small lights, such as the Foursevens Mini Mk III, the coin pocket in a pair of jeans works nicely too. The twist-on switching ensures no accidental activation.

My Quark, which measure just over three inches AOL, resides in the coin pocket when I'm wearing jeans. A little more accessible there than in the bottom of the main pocket.

Primary handheld is either in a Rosen SOS or a kydex version from Darkstar Gear.

There is also a WML on the pistol and a Microstream clipped to a pocket.
    Last edited by El Cid; 11-17-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Total job-loss NPE guy here; concealed means concealed, and that goes for "the lifestyle," too.

So, bottom of pocket carry, times 2.

I have a small collection of arcteryx atom LT vests that are a bit of a signature piece of apparel for me (every music building I’ve been in has the temperature controlled remotely, as in, by maintenance services located off-site, so I never know what climate I will be teaching in all day), and I have one of those surefire sidekick 5/60/300 lumen USB rechargeable dealies that someone linked here (probably @LittleLebowski) for a holiday sale a couple of years back in the pocket of the vest. That’s my "look at/for stuff’ light.

My jacket or pants pocket holds another classic aluminum-body surefire; typically an original backup or mono-color A2 aviator—although, I just picked up an M61 "warm" Malkoff head for my original early 90s 6P, so I’m "warming" up to the idea of carrying that old battleaxe. I love the purple hue the aluminum body has taken on... matches my 1956 Ruger flatgate single-six exactly. Plus; rock-solid, one mode, easy on the eyes color tone.

Those are my "instant daylight" options.

If it’s warm enough that I’m not wearing a vest or jacket (or pants) at night, it’s summer and I’m probably at home reading ‘monster hunter’ or practicing when the sun goes down at 11pm, and one light will do.

I might try carry mode #3 again for the winter, now that Malkoff devices is bringing my old 6P up to snuff; I still have a belt kydex holster that I got directly from @Mas at an LFI class way back in the Clinton (Bill) era designed for horizontal 10-11 o’clock carry in front of the hips, off-side. Honestly though, so long as nothing else is in my pocket with the light, 2xPocket carry works for me, and my low-key lifestyle
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 11-17-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I carry an HDS EDC Tactical 325 (https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/EDC-T1B-325/) in my left front pants pocket along with my wallet and usually a small pocket knife of some kind. It's small enough to fit comfortably in the pocket, always in the same place so I don't have to think about it and suitable for every environment and dress, from business attire to yard work. Personally, I love the interface too. I keep it set at momentary full illumination and if I need less, I just rotate the head counterclockwise to whatever illumination I need. For me, it's a much better solution than multiple lights.

Site Supporter
    I carry an issued Streamlight Polytac at ~10 o’clock, right behind the spare mag in a pocket of my Unity Tactical Clutch.

Banned
    I carry a Fenix RC05SE (350 L 4 inches by 5/8 inch) in my left front pocket at work and at home and a Fenix UC35 V2 (1000L 5.5 inches by .900 inches) in a generic belt holster at work. I tried the UC35 in my pocket at church last night and was able to carry it comfortably so I may start carrying it at home instead if the smaller light
    Last edited by Cypher; 11-17-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Site Supporter
    I also keep a FourSevens Mini CR2 light on my keychain. Unfortunately I do not believe the CR2 version of the Mini is currently made. The CR2 battery size really hits the sweet spot for convenient keychain carry with really good output and runtime options. This light is strictly for mundane tasks, and would not really be suitable for defensive use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I don't carry a light on my keychain, but I do carry a Delrin CR123 locker on my keychain with a fully charged IMR 16340 cell to refuel my Quark or Malkoff EDC light.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 11-17-2019 at 03:33 PM.

User Tag List