Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ed Brown M&Ps

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Kind of a shame, Brown 1911s are pretty conservative in styling so now he gets into pimped out plastic pistols.
    Not anymore. I always liked EB, mainly because of the traditional look, but I’m not really a fan of the direction they’ve been heading for the last couple of years. I guess they’re doing what they need to do to make money.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Hard pass for me. It actually looks worse than stock in my eyes.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person who dislikes the look of slides with chunks milled out of them.
    I guess I thought they looked cool, the first 5-6 times I saw one. After 5,000-6,000 I am kinda done with the idea.

M&P fan, 1st and 2nd Gen.

On a service/carry pistol I like simplicity. Pimping out a $500 plastic service pistol with a bunch of non-functional bling is almost embarrassing and disproportionate. Kinda' like putting fancy wheels and a high-end paint job on a Ford Focus.

I never understood the desire for slide cuts either. It’s not aesthetically pleasing to me. Functional? Maybe if you respring the gun. Even then, are you getting a proportionate amount of performance for your dollar?

I’m actually glad Glock found a way to seal up that cut-out on the Gen4 and earlier G34s, because I disliked how it looked even on those.

As far as general bling? Never got that on a functional carry piece of any sort. Gamer gun? Sure if you want to stand out a bit. I’ve always been tempted to want to have a G34 painted up like the original gray Nintendo zapper I purely for the lolz and strictly only for USPSA. IF I ever did that, it would NEVER be used in any serious self-defense manner ever.

The lure of the Unicorn is strong for some people, fueling the market for Gucci Glocks, and now M&Ps.

I couldn’t possibly be less interested in this, but I guess if there are people who want it who am I to criticize?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Not anymore. I always liked EB, mainly because of the traditional look, but I’m not really a fan of the direction they’ve been heading for the last couple of years. I guess they’re doing what they need to do to make money.

While the rest of the pistol leaves me cold, I do like the "Stars and Stripes" rear cocking serration/engraving treatment. I am not sure it is functional, but I like the sentiment. Not saying I would buy a pistol with it, but I might just do so.

As far as the subject pistols, those are a hard pass for me. Every time I see a slide with windows, my mind thinks, "New stress risers to create new cracks with increased slide velocity to accelerate the damage."

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Every time I see a slide with windows, my mind thinks, "New stress risers to create new cracks with increased slide velocity to accelerate the damage."
    That assumes the guns will be shot...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    There's no need to shoot it if you get it in the Instagram Hero finish...

User Tag List