Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Brown M&Ps

But if you don't mill huge slots in the slide nobody will know you paid out the ass for the helical fluted barrel.

So theres that.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Vending Machine Operator
    I run my M2.0s bone stock. I just spend the money on ammo. I've been very happy with them. Guess I'm just a little boring these days.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Maybe it's just me, but the fact that these start at several hundred dollars MORE than some of the sweet STI's that seem to be getting more and more solid street cred make me want an STI even more.

This is basically the plastic fantastic version of fancy grade 1911s. Their entire purpose is to look cool and cost more $.
    That said, I cant judge against these guns. My Wilson Combat 92s fit the same mold -as do my 1911s.

If the only goal was to shoot better, we may as well close down the Gallery and Semi Auto forum right here. All anyone needs is a Glock that fits their hands, useable sights, competent training and a few thousand rounds of practice. Anything outside of that is a concession to vanity- and I say this knowing full well my choice of carry gun is not the most efficent option.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 11-18-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    I actually really like the M&P pattern handguns. My carry gun is a grip chopped full sized 9mm with stippling, a thumb safety, and a KKM barrel and my brother shoots USPSA with a police trade in .40 that he got for less than 300 bucks. I converted it to 9mm with an Apex barrel and put a flat trigger and forward set sear in it and the gun is truly silly to shoot.

Correctly set up, these guns are very accurate and easy to shoot.

But these are a little silly. It just makes me think of a Salient or a Zevtech Glock. It may blow someone else's skirt up though, so more power to em.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I'm sad to see traditional gun makers moving to plastic guns. Wilson Combat Berettas and Nighthawk HiPowers are one thing, Glocks and M&Ps are another.

P.S. Even LTT has expanded beyond Berettas to Springfield plastic (yes, I know the Px4 is plastic).
    Last edited by BobRockefeller; 11-18-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

One can do as they wish with their money. Some things we just want because we can, and that's cool.

However, personally that is not something I would even consider buying. I would have to do some figuring, but most of my pistols are something I have, or would not hesitate to carry. That thing has nope written all over it.

ETA: Didn't see any mention as to accuracy at 25 and 50 yards. The marketing department has some work to do.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 11-18-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Kind of a shame, Brown 1911s are pretty conservative in styling so now he gets into pimped out plastic pistols.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

From Brown's website: (underline added for emphasis)

CUSTOM SLIDE

Fully machined from 17-4 Stainless with custom cuts, dehorned, and treated with Black DLC to give you the hottest custom polymer pistol on the range. Designed for a unique and striking appearance while maintaining functionality,

And there you have it. Even Brown admits it's lipstick on a ...

Quote Originally Posted by BobRockefeller View Post
    I'm sad to see traditional gun makers moving to plastic guns. Wilson Combat Berettas and Nighthawk HiPowers are one thing, Glocks and M&Ps are another.

P.S. Even LTT has expanded beyond Berettas to Springfield plastic (yes, I know the Px4 is plastic).
    Ernest has stated that there is just no other single stack DA/SA pistol on the market to fill that role, so that is why he offers the LTT xde. I agree with everyone though, I would just not spend the money on a polymer gun like this EB M&P. I am an M&P fan as well, but now ay would I spend that much on one. More power to Ed Brown though. Hope they sell for them. The beauty of capitolism!

User Tag List