Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me HK

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The P Series HKs are not bad at all to disassemble and clean. Just need the TRS tool.
    A small pair of needle nosed pliers work well also.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I’d really like to know what a Lazy Wolf modified USP is like.
    If you are referring to the trigger, I'd say wonderful and maybe too light based on my my Lazy Wolf P2000 LEM. Sample of 1, IMO, and all that applies. I measured it when I first got it, and it was a tick under 4 lbs. It is smooth unlike any other HK I've fired (not many) or dry fired (lots). I bought it from M2CattleCo, so I didn't have to wait and got a hell of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    A friend of mine is an agent who rolled an ATV and broke his HK’s grip off. He was hurt pretty badly - breaking his gun was the least of his problems. I would imagine it’s the same guy.
    I can imagine...every bad call where an Agent was hurt that I’ve responded to as an EMT was an ATV guy. Those things want to kill you and will take every opportunity to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    I can imagine...every bad call where an Agent was hurt that I’ve responded to as an EMT was an ATV guy. Those things want to kill you and will take every opportunity to do so.
    I rode off road motorcycles a lot when I was younger. It seemed that it was easier not to get hurt as badly as with ATVs, and that they were easier to get away from in a crash and lighter than ATVs. Unless you highsided you were generally OK. Sliding out was not too bad.

3 & 4 wheelers seem to inspire speed past rider skill and then roll all over you in a crash. Of course the handle mud/sand better and carry more stuff.

P2000 was my favorite carry gun but ever since I got it back from GrayGuns with the trigger bar issue I just lost confidence in it and carry a USPc instead. Also Trijicon HD’s POI on the USPc is right behind the dot whereas on the P2K it’s too low for me. For me it’s a toss up between USPc and P30 with upgraded sights, or HK45c if caliber is a consideration over capacity.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I rode off road motorcycles a lot when I was younger. It seemed that it was easier not to get hurt as badly as with ATVs, and that they were easier to get away from in a crash and lighter than ATVs. Unless you highsided you were generally OK. Sliding out was not too bad.

3 & 4 wheelers seem to inspire speed past rider skill and then roll all over you in a crash. Of course the handle mud/sand better and carry more stuff.
    I find bikes tend to find a side and slide fairly quickly. Quads just tumble. So the sack of potatoes ends up with the giant potato on top of it at point of rest, to massively oversimplify things.

They're kind of opposites. Where quads are at their best, bikes are sketchiest. Where bikes are awesome, quads can be terrifying. They both want to hurt you, just in totally different ways.

I happen to prefer bikes.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    If you are referring to the trigger, I'd say wonderful and maybe too light based on my my Lazy Wolf P2000 LEM. Sample of 1, IMO, and all that applies. I measured it when I first got it, and it was a tick under 4 lbs. It is smooth unlike any other HK I've fired (not many) or dry fired (lots). I bought it from M2CattleCo, so I didn't have to wait and got a hell of a deal.
    Thank you, yes- I find the ergonomics of the USP to be excellent, but the trigger to be lacking.

I started centerfire pistol shooting with the USP, and while I can be sure that I was in sufficiently diligent in training the DA pull, it was worked away from the TJIAB Beretta 92 that I’ve recently experienced. The weight of the stock USP SA was fine, but I’ve read here on PF of a literal trigger finger injury from frequent stock USP DA practice.

The SA was also uneven, stagey, and gritty. I actually prefer a “creepy” trigger with a rolling break, but I want all the smoothness and consistency I can get.

The USP is fantastic in grip shape and texture, and in the size, shape, and location of the mag release, slide release, and thumb safeties- but I’d have to have a cleaner trigger, and lighter in DA, to try one again.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    They really are just like Horses....

Site Supporter
    I'd love to see a USP 2 with a non unicorn light rail, the USPC recoil system and taking P30/HK45 mags but keeping the USP grip instead of the spider man grip. never happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They really are just like Horses....
    You know, that’s really a good analogy....

User Tag List