Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Help Me HK

Quote Originally Posted by Sd408 View Post
    In terms of CCW, do you guys prefer the P2000SK or P2000? I used to have a P2000 but sold it; now im debating about getting either one but not sure if the subcompact would be better since the P2000 is already not a big gun anyways.
    Having carried both quite a bit over the past 10+ years, most of the time and for most purposes I prefer the P2000. But there isn't all that much difference. The sk is very slightly easier to conceal and is fine for in town use. Where distances might be longer I like the P2000.

The past few years I've been moving away from P-series and toward USP series, but that's a personal thing that I'll explain when there's a bit more time and I'm caught up from todays end of fiscal year crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I’m not likely to run into a bear in Chicagoland, unless one escapes from the zoo, or I go to a football game. In fact a coyote is probably the biggest 4-legged predator I’ll come into contact with. Since January the largest live animal we’ve had a run in with was a vole...

If I go back west for field work, that could change. But the next 2’ish years is likely to find me in a lab with tadpoles As my study organism...
    Chicagoland? Field work? Amphibians? I'm wondering how many people we know in common... although I left there a while ago.

I am very impressed with this pistol. The sights, trigger, everything is better than my previous USP9T (HM LEM) and P30L (Light LEM). If HK made this in 9mm that would be fantastic!

Not sure I trust Mr. Crimson Trace over the venerable X300, but it looks like this below. My next range session I plan to keep the light on and see if it flickers etc while shooting.

Some interesting HK trigger info:

I was just tinkering with a recently acquired USPc 9. Out of the box the SA trigger pull wasn't too bad, 3lb 11oz and some barely perceptible grittiness. DA was not so great though, 10lb 8oz and rough.

My older USPc 45 has a nice DA/SA trigger, very smooth... described by an elderly ex-PPC shooter and federal agency firearms instructor friend as "not bad" which from him is a compliment. I have a nickel sear spring and match hammer spring in that one plus about 2,000 rounds downrange and a bunch of dry fire. So to see how much is use and how much is parts, I placed an order with HK last week and the box arrived today. Nickel sear spring and match hammer spring (215694) installed just now, about a 15 minute effort and about $14 of factory parts.

The DA pull on the USPc 9 now comes in at 6lb 15oz, and SA at about 3lb. Both are actually a bit lighter than the 45. The pull is much smoother in DA, and crisp in SA. Distinct improvement, and this pistol only has 70 rounds through it so I expect it may smooth out even a bit more over time.

User Tag List