Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Help Me HK

I think a P2000 with flat base plates is so close to SK size that it argues for the P2000.

An HK45C will reliably launch Super ammo if that matters. The USP FS and HK45C are my two larger caliber field guns.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I could never gain interest in the HK45 since the capacity was lowered from the USP.

There are a lot of "doublestack" .45s that don't add enough capacity to warrant interest over a 1911 like this---the CZ 97, P227, Tanfoglio .45s. At 10 rounds it just doesn't seem like a worthwhile increase.

I wish they would have come out with a jet funnel and jet funnel mags for the USP .45.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by falar View Post
    I could never gain interest in the HK45 since the capacity was lowered from the USP.

There are a lot of "doublestack" .45s that don't add enough capacity to warrant interest over a 1911 like this---the CZ 97, P227, Tanfoglio .45s. At 10 rounds it just doesn't seem like a worthwhile increase.

I wish they would have come out with a jet funnel and jet funnel mags for the USP .45.
    HK parts sells a +5 mag extension for the USP45. I'm not sure how reliable they are but the idea is pretty tempting.

As an interesting aside, while tinkering with my 10mm USP project I discovered that an unmodified HK45 10 round magazine holds 16 rounds of 10mm. That has me dreaming of an HK45 or HK45C in 10mm, naturally.

@GJM, thank you for chiming in here! How much 45 Super have you put through your HK45C? Does the POI shift at all with 45 Super?

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    HK parts sells a +5 mag extension for the USP45. I'm not sure how reliable they are but the idea is pretty tempting.

As an interesting aside, while tinkering with my 10mm USP project I discovered that an unmodified HK45 10 round magazine holds 16 rounds of 10mm. That has me dreaming of an HK45 or HK45C in 10mm, naturally.

@GJM, thank you for chiming in here! How much 45 Super have you put through your HK45C? Does the POI shift at all with 45 Super?
    I have vetted a half dozen HK45C pistols with Super ammo, first with Buffalo Bore FMJ, but then with the Underwood Lehigh Super load. Not a single stoppage. Probably several hundred rounds a pistol initially, now less. There is a compromise between vetting and beating up the pistols.

Interestingly, the USP C 45 was not reliable with Super loads.

POI was close enough at 25 not to be a factor.

I am not a fan of the HK Parts P30/VP9 extensions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

At a USPSA match on Sat there was a new female shooter with a VP9. She was accurate, and not super slow. But she was very weak and as the match progressed she got tired and limp wristed constantly. This caused double feeds, repeatedly. I have heard the VP9 recommended over a Glock 19 for weaker individuals with poor recoil control, but evidently this gun isn't immune to limp-wristing malfunctions. (She was using factory FMJ, so not an ammo problem.)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    At a USPSA match on Sat there was a new female shooter with a VP9. She was accurate, and not super slow. But she was very weak and as the match progressed she got tired and limp wristed constantly. This caused double feeds, repeatedly. I have heard the VP9 recommended over a Glock 19 for weaker individuals with poor recoil control, but evidently this gun isn't immune to limp-wristing malfunctions. (She was using factory FMJ, so not an ammo problem.)
    It's a problem with most polymer framed autos. Alloy and steel framed guns run better because there is more mass.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    It's a problem with most polymer framed autos. Alloy and steel framed guns run better because there is more mass.
    Agree! But I'm not sure this woman could have held a Shadow2 up long enough to complete a stage
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    May have posted this around here before.

My reasons below are the result of measured improvement, for me. My reasons certainly may not be your reasons. For example, WML capability, I don't carry with it mounted, but I do put it on before I go to bed. I don't want to unlock a safe and switch guns.... Therefore WML capability is important to me.

Reasons for switching to the P2000.

Compared to P30 v1:
    With a Night Fision FS, and Trijicon RS, the accuracy is equal to the P30. Flat sides prevent "swimming" during recoil, provides better tracking freestyle, LHO/RHO. Reduced weight and size.

Compared to USP9c v7:
    Slightly longer sight radius, barrel, ambi slide release, and easier WML capability. More sight options. Contoured rear slide profile conceals better, Reduced weight.
    Any preferences on the various LEM variants in the P2000?

I found the P30 "wiggled" in my hands when shooting too. Especially WHO and that resulted in a lot of shifting my grip to maintain good control on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    HK45 Compacts are cool and I love my HK USP 45 Compact, but they're pretty damn close in size to the P30. To me 8+1 vs 17+1 in the same sized gun is a no-brainer.

If you want .45 Auto, USP Fullsize is the way to go. 12+1 is a lot more palatable to me.
    True, but still a HK45C is smaller than a Government Model 1911, which is my default right now. I'm not too concerned over capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    An HK45C will reliably launch Super ammo if that matters. The USP FS and HK45C are my two larger caliber field guns.
    It's probably doesn't matter right now. I keep wanting to do field work on Prince of Wales Island in Alaska, which to my understanding has one of (if not the) highest density of black bears on the planet. Of course, black bears are smaller than grizzlies and avoid people more. But any field work would obviously be done at the height of the active season for bears...

But that work is pretty far down the priority list and may not come to fruition for years (if ever, depending on funding and employment). So, it's not a (good) reason to justify a .45Super launcher right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am not a fan of the HK Parts P30/VP9 extensions.
    Seconded. I've purchased every variant of mag extension from HK Parts. All of them will inevitably pinch the skin on the pinky finger that protrudes through the seam between the mag and the extension. At $20 per + shipping, I have a small fortune of these which are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Any preferences on the various LEM variants in the P2000?
    I've settled on the v2 with light FPBS. Ran the v1 (light TRS) for a bit, and I found myself not rowing through the wall. Accuracy was not affected at 50 yards, by going to the LTRS, but 2" circles at 7 yards sometimes got the trigger snatched as it was so easy to run it to the wall.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List