Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me HK

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    No. But on gunbroker I've seen several HK s that are NOT 9mm going for really low prices. I'm tempted to get a hk45c because I don't need one at all. I'll justify the reasons later if I can score one for under $500.
    I noticed the same on GB, which is how I scored a very near mint USP40 V1 with 5 magazines for $419 shipped, which seems like a hell of a deal even among the softer values found for .40 S&W. There has been a USP40C listed on GB for some time for $425+ shipping with one mag, which wasn't quite good enough to pique my interest.

Similarly, and the thing that started this whole game with HK pistols all over again, was considering a change for my daily carry and I stumbled on the late Todd G's 50,000 round test on the HK45. Which resulted in me buying an HK45C LEM shortly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I have an EFK 9mm barrel for my full size USP40 and one for my USP/c 40, both work fine, at least 1K rounds down range with no malfunctions in each platform. I do use the red 9mm spring recoil assembly in the USP/c and use the factory 9mm magazines with them in both platforms. My application is just for range practice, I won't carry either one with the EFK barrel as my CCW unless it were an emergency. But, sample of one.
    Hey, a sample size of one is still data! I'm glad to hear it runs well with the 9mm mags and recoil spring. Does it regulate to the existing sights well? And how was the wait time from EFK? About as they claimed? (60-90 days)
    Thank you for chiming in!

I have seen some affordable usp and uspc in .40 on gunbroker too.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Hey, a sample size of one is still data!
    Technically, it's a datum.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Entropy, how did you set it up to be medium LEM?
    Yea...I’m running late with my replies....

When I converted it to LEM from V1, I replaced the stock V1 parts with the following: (all parts from HKParts.net)

8.5lb Heavy Trigger Return Spring HKP-02265
    11lb Reduced Power Hammer Spring. HKP-18147

I have not yet, but might, replace the stock FPB spring with the following:

Enhanced Firing Pin Block Spring. HKP-18110

I have put over 500 rounds of S&B 230gr hardball through it so far. Not a single misfire with the 11lb spring. I’ve read that one should prolly not go below that. The enhanced FPB lowers it another 1lb. I have one installed on a USPc and have had excellent luck with it. No misfires with all kinds of .40. I’m reluctant to shave another pound off a field pistol tho.

Hope this helps even if a bit late.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I suspect the Spiderman grip (my timing might be off, but I believe the HK45 was the first one) was intended to make the cross section of the grip closer to the 1911, with its smaller front and rear radii and curved scales that everybody seems to love so much - and nobody ever complains about not being flat-sided enough for them to control the recoil.
    Used some free time this week to swing by an LGS, and they had an HK45 under glass. I checked it out. Found the same thing I find with many 1911s: The flatness/slimness of the grip plus its long fore-aft dimension meant that when I had a firm grip, I had minimal contact pressure on the side of the grip. The slightest relaxation, still firm, and I could actually see daylight between the side of the grip and my strong hand palm. Just the way it interacts with the size/length of my hand bones. Off my list of things to be more curious about. Back to my little USP world.

Surprisingly enough, having just commented yet again about how 1911s don't usually work well for me, I handled one of their (still available for $1899) V-Bobs and it actually did work really well. Better than the full-length frame on the Valor Commander next to it, which I have not thought was the case previously.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well, I'm gonna hold off for a bit, before I go crazy. The new-to-me FJ Cruiser is going to need a bit of work to be in tip-top shape and that's gonna sap the "fun" budget for awhile.

But of course, it should be fun all on it's own.
    Any updates on a decision or are you like me and constantly distracted by other shiny objects?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Any updates on a decision or are you like me and constantly distracted by other shiny objects?
    Shiny objects distract me regularly and most of them are 1911 shaped.

I have not made a decision, but I have been sorely tempted multiple times by the sub-$700 HK45Cs out there on Gunbroker. I made up my mind to resist temptation for at least 6-months of 2020. In 2019 I actually did not buy a gun, but by Jan. 5, 2020, I had bought two...I made my resolution after that...

I have not made a decision, but I have been sorely tempted multiple times by the sub-$700 HK45Cs out there on Gunbroker.
    Understood. Oddly enough, this latest bout of .45itus I'm afflicted with is revolving around M&Ps and HKs. Errr, so to speak...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have not made a decision, but I have been sorely tempted multiple times by the sub-$700 HK45Cs out there on Gunbroker. I made up my mind to resist temptation for at least 6-months of 2020. In 2019 I actually did not buy a gun, but by Jan. 5, 2020, I had bought two...I made my resolution after that...
    If you're still interested in my P2000v2 with all those mags, holla.

There was a nice hk45c on ar15 for $550.00

User Tag List