Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me HK

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'd love to see a USP 2 with a non unicorn light rail, the USPC recoil system and taking P30/HK45 mags but keeping the USP grip instead of the spider man grip. never happen though.
    The sad thing is, I don’t think it would take all that much effort to make a change to the mold used for the frame, so that it had a pic rail. I’m honestly surprised that they haven’t done it by now.. I mean, nobody uses their rail system. It was dead in the water 20years ago. I don’t understand why making a minor change that could gain them sales is so difficult for them to understand...

I'd love to see a USP 2 with a non unicorn light rail, the USPC recoil system and taking P30/HK45 mags but keeping the USP grip instead of the spider man grip. never happen though.
    Or a HK45 that has been grip reduced? Won't have the recoil system...but it would be close...

Name:  56213838_309388146408014_2322306576467127385_n.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  64.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Or a HK45 that has been grip reduced? Won't have the recoil system...but it would be close...

Name:  56213838_309388146408014_2322306576467127385_n.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  64.4 KB
    Grip reductions are for small handed Carnival and Donald J Trump.i have man hands :-)

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The HK45 does have the USPc recoil system. And you could always get material added to the grip, rather than reducing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    The sad thing is, I don’t think it would take all that much effort to make a change to the mold used for the frame, so that it had a pic rail. I’m honestly surprised that they haven’t done it by now.. I mean, nobody uses their rail system. It was dead in the water 20years ago. I don’t understand why making a minor change that could gain them sales is so difficult for them to understand...
    This is what the HK45 basically was. It's the same trigger system as the USP45 with a Pic rail, the USPc recoil system, ambi slide catch levers and a kinda-more-ergo control lever. By which, I'm guessing maybe it doesn't interact with the inside of the thumb as much under recoil? A new sight format that is common to P30/VP and so now well supported in the aftermarket.

I suspect the Spiderman grip (my timing might be off, but I believe the HK45 was the first one) was intended to make the cross section of the grip closer to the 1911, with its smaller front and rear radii and curved scales that everybody seems to love so much - and nobody ever complains about not being flat-sided enough for them to control the recoil.

As noted earlier, this thread has actually made me curious about the grip. It doesn't have the triangular backstrap that I believe is likely the reason people fight to control P30s and have elevation scatter. Todd G was able to get his splits right back where he thought they should be in like a week of working with it. Same trigger mechanism, more normal recoil impulse, Pic rail, more sight options. Could be very good.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    T

The USP is fantastic in grip shape and texture, and in the size, shape, and location of the mag release, slide release, and thumb safeties- but I’d have to have a cleaner trigger, and lighter in DA, to try one again.
    What I like about the USP full size is that the trigger can be more finely tuned. The stock V1 feels OK until you've tried the V1 match trigger in an Expert or Elite, those are amazing; although the stock V1 does smooth out gradually with use and the match setup is a little light for carry.

In LEM, changes have more obvious results in the USP series than in a P2000. For example, the light LEM is too light for me in a P2000, and changing hammer springs makes little difference. On the other hand when I recently converted a V1 USP 45 to match hybrid LEM, it felt great with the light TRS. But then when I put in the match hammer spring it was too light for the street (would have been great for the range), so I put the standard one back in.

I've now been able to get two USPs exactly where I want them, but don't feel there's quite as much control over the P2000 trigger although TRS and FPBS can still do a lot.

I do usually shoot the USP and USPc more accurately in slow fire, and the trigger is at least part of that. It's all relative though, because every HK I've ever fired has been acceptably accurate or better.
    Last edited by Salamander; 11-20-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The HK45 does have the USPc recoil system. And you could always get material added to the grip, rather than reducing it.

This is what the HK45 basically was. It's the same trigger system as the USP45 with a Pic rail, the USPc recoil system, ambi slide catch levers and a kinda-more-ergo control lever. By which, I'm guessing maybe it doesn't interact with the inside of the thumb as much under recoil? A new sight format that is common to P30/VP and so now well supported in the aftermarket.

I suspect the Spiderman grip (my timing might be off, but I believe the HK45 was the first one) was intended to make the cross section of the grip closer to the 1911, with its smaller front and rear radii and curved scales that everybody seems to love so much - and nobody ever complains about not being flat-sided enough for them to control the recoil.

As noted earlier, this thread has actually made me curious about the grip. It doesn't have the triangular backstrap that I believe is likely the reason people fight to control P30s and have elevation scatter. Todd G was able to get his splits right back where he thought they should be in like a week of working with it. Same trigger mechanism, more normal recoil impulse, Pic rail, more sight options. Could be very good.
    The HK45 has a modular grip. What I hate about it is the roundness of the Spider-Man grip. I prefer flat sided grips like the USP or even the HK45C. The 45c has the original grip style but the rail is so short as to be useless.

Help Me HK

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Those things want to kill you and will take every opportunity to do so.
    They really are just like Horses....
    Actually that would be the camel.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-20-2019 at 01:48 AM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post

In LEM...On the other hand when I recently converted a V1 USP 45 to match hybrid LEM, it felt great with the light TRS. But then when I put in the match hammer spring it was too light for the street (would have been great for the range), so I put the standard one back in.
    I've gone to the LEM heavy hammer springs on my full-size LEM USP pistols. They're all LEM/Match hybrids. I felt that the standard (DA/SA) HS was too light when combined with the light LEM TRS and FPBS.

I just installed a LEM heavy HS in my friend's light LEM HK45 with the nickel plated sear spring. We'll see how he likes it. We might go back to the standard DA/SA hammer spring on it.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 11-20-2019 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

I had an HK.45, and my impressions were that it’s a huge gun considering the mag capacity. Another thing I grew to hate on it was the trough in the triggerguard, my finger would rub against it to the point that it became uncomfortable to shoot alot of rounds out of. That’s primarily why I sold it, it was uncomfortable to shoot, and didn’t have any more mag capacity than the .45c does, and isn’t any more accurate than the .45c, at least in my experience. I have a .45c, .45ct, and a USPc in.45, the biggest gripe I have with the .45c,ct, is that the grip texture is the same as a P-2000, and it’s slippery, I have a set of Talons ( rough texture) coming I have a set of these on my .45ct, and the lock your hand on the grip. Between the two, I think a pic rail on the USP would IMO, make it better than the.45c, because IMO, the USP has a much better grip.

I also have a P-30 LEM, and I’ve found that putting the large grip panels, back strap, has really helped me, not that I have large hands, but I can get better grip on it.
    Last edited by ralph; 11-20-2019 at 09:54 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Given all the other stuff that is the same part number on the insides, an interesting question occurs to me.

Has anybody looked at interchangeability of the recoil spring assembly between the USP .45 FS and the HK45? If they will interchange without issue, perhaps it would provide a safer solution for those who wish to shoot .45 Super in their HK45, and a more "normal" recoil impulse for those who shoot only .45 Automatic in their USP .45 FS. One could actually "convert" depending on intended use.

Just a question. I don't have access to an HK45, or I'd already have measured all the parts and tried it.

Just for context, I'm a guy who has a mix of WR426 and WR450 gears in his YZ250, a bunch of GSX-R stuff on his SV650, a Volvo radiator and intercooler in his Miata, and used to own a rotary-powered Datsun.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 11-20-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List