Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Help Me HK

I’m not likely to run into a bear in Chicagoland, unless one escapes from the zoo, or I go to a football game. In fact a coyote is probably the biggest 4-legged predator I’ll come into contact with. Since January the largest live animal we’ve had a run in with was a vole...

If I go back west for field work, that could change. But the next 2’ish years is likely to find me in a lab with tadpoles As my study organism...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    HK45 FS. It's kinda like a 1911. You can even run it C1 if you want. They were pretty cheap not that long ago.
    HK45C.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    HK45C.
    I wish I had a need for that caliber because that would be the gun.

Rob: get a VP9 and drive on. Unless you want LEM then back to P30.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Where am I at - loving my 1911s, but I’ve been doing a lot more hiking with the wife and a lot more outdoors stuff in general. I’m getting tired of an all steel gun on my belt. I think I need a plastic gun to help shed some weight.
    Lightweight Commanders are a thing. In fact, I am in the process of vetting a new one that I intend to use for my carry gun assuming the trial goes well (which I expect).

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    HK45C.
    I shouldn't listen to you. 9mm - more ammo! Cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I wish I had a need for that caliber because that would be the gun.

Rob: get a VP9 and drive on. Unless you want LEM then back to P30.
    I know I know! 9mm.

BUT...I already have two .45s and...I'm setup to reload .45. And...I have a bunch of poly-coated 230-grain RNs on the way from Missouri Bullet Co...and a pound of 3N38 that basically I'm just using to load .45 at this stage (unless I figure out a good loading of it for 300BLK)....And I have a couple of thousand large pistol primers.

Anyways, I guess I'm saying - being .45 isn't the barrier for me. I just keep thinking, "Multiple badguy gun."...But I mean...a HK45C with 8+1 and then a 10-round elephant foot spare would be better than the 7+1 and 7 or 8 round mag I'm carrying with a full size 1911 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Lightweight Commanders are a thing. In fact, I am in the process of vetting a new one that I intend to use for my carry gun assuming the trial goes well (which I expect).
    Indeed and a CCO is on my short list. But I keep thinking I should have a polymer gun I don't care about. That said, the HK45C Tactical...gives me a 4.5" barrel in a package that is almost Officer sized...by comparison. I could go C'n'L or LEM...and get as close to a match hybrid LEM as you can get in a non-USP pistol.
    __

The biggest thing that was working against the HK45C for me for the past bit has been that it's difficult to get a light on it. It appears to my eye - that the Olight Valkyrie actually mounts to the HK45C rail without an issue. I would don't usually carry a pistol with a light attached, but I like to have a light on hand for nightstand/travel. The Olight would fill that niche for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

The biggest thing that was working against the HK45C for me for the past bit has been that it's difficult to get a light on it. It appears to my eye - that the Olight Valkyrie actually mounts to the HK45C rail without an issue. I would don't usually carry a pistol with a light attached, but I like to have a light on hand for nightstand/travel. The Olight would fill that niche for me.
    This fits as well. Midway had them on sale for $50 a few months ago. I have one and it works. I also posted in the another thread about a company in Hong Kong selling an X300 adapter.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019978141

All the 45C’s I’ve owned would eat anything including light 200 grain SWC reloads. I had a LEM model for a while but couldn’t rap my head around that trigger at the time and dumped it. Pretty sure 10-8 rear sights work with the factory tritium front. If you want a beater light weight 45 caliber pistol that works they’re pretty hard to beat.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

May have posted this around here before.

My reasons below are the result of measured improvement, for me. My reasons certainly may not be your reasons. For example, WML capability, I don't carry with it mounted, but I do put it on before I go to bed. I don't want to unlock a safe and switch guns.... Therefore WML capability is important to me.

Reasons for switching to the P2000.

Compared to P30 v1:
    With a Night Fision FS, and Trijicon RS, the accuracy is equal to the P30. Flat sides prevent "swimming" during recoil, provides better tracking freestyle, LHO/RHO. Reduced weight and size.

Compared to USP9c v7:
    Slightly longer sight radius, barrel, ambi slide release, and easier WML capability. More sight options. Contoured rear slide profile conceals better, Reduced weight.
    Taking a break from social media.

In terms of CCW, do you guys prefer the P2000SK or P2000? I used to have a P2000 but sold it; now im debating about getting either one but not sure if the subcompact would be better since the P2000 is already not a big gun anyways.

HK45 Compacts are cool and I love my HK USP 45 Compact, but they're pretty damn close in size to the P30. To me 8+1 vs 17+1 in the same sized gun is a no-brainer.

If you want .45 Auto, USP Fullsize is the way to go. 12+1 is a lot more palatable to me.
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 06-26-2020 at 08:05 PM.

User Tag List