Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me HK

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    It's gone through my head each and every time I've seen the thread title.
    Same.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Late to the party, but my .02...

I’ve shot the USPc .40 LEM (heavy) for nearly 15 years now. As much as I hate the trigger...I love the trigger. It’s been BEYOND reliable for me. I also have one set up for medium LEM. Love that one even more. Recently purchased a USP .45 FS as a woods gun. (Thanks to GJM.) Set this up for medium pull as well. Although it has a fraction of the round count as the other two, it also has been dead nuts reliable. One reason I went with the USP is the ergos and similarity to the USPc. The grip, while obviously a bit bigger, feels the same. It’s familiar.

All that said, if I were forced to pick a single auto pistol to keep, it would be the HK. It’s not perfect, the trigger is a PITA to keep current on, but I have ZERO doubt it will still be chugging along for my great grandkids to shoot.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I have ZERO doubt it will still be chugging along for my great grandkids to shoot.
    Not sure we have the kind of data required over the requisite time span to make that kind of assertion about polymer. Maybe, maybe not (UV deterioration, other failures).
    Last edited by Willard; 11-24-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Tongue in cheek.

You know what will still be here in 200 years if it’s oiled and kept clean?

A 1911.

(This is my damn thread, I’ll make stupid comments if I want to).

Though, I deeply suspect that an HK USP may well be around for similar amount of time. Though I do worry about UV stability and solvent resistance for polymer frames.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You know what will still be here in 200 years if it’s oiled and kept clean?

A 1911.

(This is my damn thread, I’ll make stupid comments if I want to).

Though, I deeply suspect that an HK USP may well be around for similar amount of time. Though I do worry about UV stability and solvent resistance for polymer frames.
    Not just 1911's; Beretta 92's too.

Relevant to this thread; Via a third party looking out for HK's on my behalf, I have the opportunity to buy a very minty low round count AE date coded USP Compact V1 in .40 with 3 12rnd mags for $400.

Am I an idiot for not immediately jumping on that?

If it were 9mm I'd just be talking about having bought it. I did notice that EFK makes a 9mm conversion barrel for the USPc but I haven't found anything conclusive on whether or not it works with the slide/breech face differences involved.

Entropy, how did you set it up to be medium LEM?
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 11-25-2019 at 01:35 AM.

I don’t have the part numbers handy right now, let me work on it.

No. But on gunbroker I've seen several HK s that are NOT 9mm going for really low prices. I'm tempted to get a hk45c because I don't need one at all. I'll justify the reasons later if I can score one for under $500.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Not just 1911's; Beretta 92's too.

Relevant to this thread; Via a third party looking out for HK's on my behalf, I have the opportunity to buy a very minty low round count AE date coded USP Compact V1 in .40 with 3 12rnd mags for $400.

Am I an idiot for not immediately jumping on that?

If it were 9mm I'd just be talking about having bought it. I did notice that EFK makes a 9mm conversion barrel for the USPc but I haven't found anything conclusive on whether or not it works with the slide/breech face differences involved.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I did notice that EFK makes a 9mm conversion barrel for the USPc but I haven't found anything conclusive on whether or not it works with the slide/breech face differences involved.
    I have an EFK 9mm barrel for my full size USP40 and one for my USP/c 40, both work fine, at least 1K rounds down range with no malfunctions in each platform. I do use the red 9mm spring recoil assembly in the USP/c and use the factory 9mm magazines with them in both platforms. My application is just for range practice, I won't carry either one with the EFK barrel as my CCW unless it were an emergency. But, sample of one.
    Last edited by fatdog; 11-25-2019 at 06:55 AM.

User Tag List