Thread: Found a Springfield Armory V10 Ported 45 ACP at the LGS

Found a Springfield Armory V10 Ported 45 ACP at the LGS

In excellent condition for $350. It is this duo tone model but with Novak sights, maybe in a little better condition. What limited info I could find seemed to be hit or miss so I didn't buy. Seemed to be very well built. It's not on SA's website anymore. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Nightvisionary; 11-16-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Just do the usual used 1911 pre-purchase checkout. It looks like a 4 inch barrel there. My non-ported 45 ACP 4 inch eats recoil springs, but the correct springs are still available from Wolff. Let me know if you end up needing the P/N and I'll get it for you. I'm going to call EGW on Monday and see if their flat recoil spring system for the SA Champion would fix my recoil spring consumption. Not just the SAs do this, it's a common condition for any short barrelled 1911.

I had one in the late 90’s. It sucked. It wasn’t accurate, or pleasant to shoot. It needed dehorning and checkering and sights

Unless it speaks to you, I would pass. While $350 for a good 1911 is a deal, the porting on the .45 version does nothing but make noise and spray lead and copper. .45 ACP operates at too low of a pressure to make the porting effective.

That pistol is one that was fully machined and assembled by IMBEL in Brazil and has the larger dustcover that makes for fit issues with many 1911 holsters. The front strap is also a bit more square, which is good for checkering. It does feel a bit weird in the hand.

On the positive side, SA's lifetime warranty is in force, and they will stand behind it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Unless it speaks to you, I would pass. While $350 for a good 1911 is a deal, the porting on the .45 version does nothing but make noise and spray lead and copper. .45 ACP operates at too low of a pressure to make the porting effective.

That pistol is one that was fully machined and assembled by IMBEL in Brazil and has the larger dustcover that makes for fit issues with many 1911 holsters. The front strap is also a bit more square, which is good for checkering. It does feel a bit weird in the hand.

On the positive side, SA's lifetime warranty is in force, and they will stand behind it.
    As detailed above, there are reasons SA no longer offers this model. Uncommon guns are usually uncommon for a reason.

Site Supporter
    I'd seriously consider it if I could source a reasonably-priced 4" unported barrel and there was a local gunsmith (not parts-changer) who could fit that barrel. Otherwise, I'd pass.

Well I passed on the 1911 and ended up with this.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  80.5 KB

User Tag List