Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Checkmate 320 magazines

Site Supporter
    I'd be interested to know of any instance of a defective MecGar mag.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    They told me the same thing when I spoke with our rep prior to getting our guns in 2014. The 226s came w Checkmate mags. 229s came w MG made mags.

Fuck Sig. They’re a morally bankrupt company.
    I still don't understand why people buy firearms from them at this point. The legacy P series pistols were great guns, but that's not a reason to keep giving them money in 2019...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I still don't understand why people buy firearms from them at this point. The legacy P series pistols were great guns, but that's not a reason to keep giving them money in 2019...
    I don't either. Blatant 'We make cheap junk, but if you're not LE we make it even junkier for you AND it's more expensive without the LE/IOP discount.'

I will admit that I am a bit dismayed by SIG. They were the gold standard not long ago and now it seems as though they want to become the American version of Taurus.....I really hope they can turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I will admit that I am a bit dismayed by SIG. They were the gold standard not long ago and now it seems as though they want to become the American version of Taurus.....I really hope they can turn it around.
    Nothing will change until leadership changes

The 320 X5/Legion is likely the single most popular USPSA CO pistol. The MPX is one of the more popular USPSA PCC choices. The 365 is one of the more popular CCW pistols. That doesn’t even include the rest of the 320 series.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Although I haven’t had any issues when I buy IOP products from them, indeed I would very likely buy Glock or H&K instead for personal ownership/use. I’m only authorized to carry Sigs, so I’m in this boat for the foreseeable future. I’m currently running 2 P320fs .45acps, and a P365xl off duty. I’ve had 2 P320 9mms before that. One of the 9mm guns had an overly stiff trigger pull of around 10lbs. This one was bought just after Sig put out the “upgraded” models. I put a Gray Guns trigger on it and that gave it a 4.5lb trigger pull. I’m content with what I’m using at the moment and so no reason to change.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Nothing will change until leadership changes
    And that wont change while they are making money.

I'm over about 40 320s now with about 4-5 magazines per pistol as a certified Sig armorer. This aftermarket kit got our problematic CM USA mags back to running clean.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/sig-p3...s-engineering/

The local USPSA guys have figured out that they will only purchase MG Italian made mags and so far, I haven't heard of a failure with those. We only purchase the Italian ones now and the last order we bought was for 50 17 rounders.

Here are the issues I have seen in the last year:

1. Missing striker return spring
    2. Out of spec magazine release
    3. Three severely rusted magazine releases (heavy sweaty dudes)
    4. Out of spec magazines (CM USA)
    5. Out of spec magazine spring (15 round spring in a 17 round magazine)
    6. About four out of spec extractors
    7. Out of spec take down lever safety (you had to dry fire the gun to remove the slide)
    8. Recoil spring assembly failure (about the 1000 round mark)
    9. Out of spec rear sight to where you could push it out of the dove tail with finger pressure only.

Make sure you oil your magazine catch assembly. That is the issue I saw today when one of ours wouldn't retain a loaded magazine and I was called to "come fixy".

Regards.
    Last edited by lwt16; 11-17-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I'm over about 40 320s now with about 4-5 magazines per pistol as a certified Sig armorer. This aftermarket kit got our problematic CM USA mags back to running clean.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/sig-p3...s-engineering/

The local USPSA guys have figured out that they will only purchase MG Italian made mags and so far, I haven't heard of a failure with those. We only purchase the Italian ones now and the last order we bought was for 50 17 rounders.
    Are you using those for the 21-round magazines or standard 17 round magazines? I know a lot of people use the Grams follower in conjunction with the Springer or TTI baseplates on the 21-rounders for carry optics, but I am shooting Production and I am sitting on some CM 17-round mags which I haven't had any issues with yet (knock on wood).

More generally, is there any way us regular joes can specifically buy the Mec Gar mags online or do I have to go to the LGS and start reading the sides of the mags through the package?
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 11-17-2019 at 03:14 PM.

User Tag List